Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro moves to front office

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I hope the Mariners put him on the roster for the final home game and give him a proper ceremony for him and his fans.
Unless of course Ichiro's stubborn and refuses because he still thinks he can play next season.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I hope the Mariners put him on the roster for the final home game and give him a proper ceremony for him and his fans.
Unless of course Ichiro's stubborn and refuses because he still thinks he can play next season.

I think he'll play next season based on soneone's twitter thought today.

I think the "not retired" part means that he'll be thrown on the 25-man roster for the Japan series next year and then he'll permanently retire after that.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A very odd sendoff, I bet Ichiro was fighting it to the very end. His new "front office roll" is probably a fake job and we will play in Japan series next year. The biggest mistake Ichiro made wasn't signing this deal but signing the Marlins one, that outfield was young + stacked and wasted a few of his final years.

If its the end it was an amazing career. I can only imagine how dominant he would have been if coming over pre age 27 (when he was even faster!) but his 262 hit campaign stands out as the high point. A record that was held so long nobody talked about a player breaking it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
A very odd sendoff, I bet Ichiro was fighting it to the very end. His new "front office roll" is probably a fake job

I think it might be a real job.. Ichiro could be ordered by the team to go back home to Japan, attend/watch NPB and give the Mariners names of players they might want to lure to MLB (or if there are names being mentioned, get Ichiro's insight on how those player may do if they came to MLB).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think it might be a real job.. Ichiro could be ordered by the team to go back home to Japan, attend/watch NPB and give the Mariners names of players they might want to lure to MLB (or if there are names being mentioned, get Ichiro's insight on how those player may do if they came to MLB).

Ah that does make sense. If they had Ichiro to hype the M's organization to Japanese players I bet the next Ohtani might sign here. At first I thought his job might be scouting Milb or giving young players advice which seems bad since he's an eccentric unorthodox player... but your theory sounds better.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I had a sealed set of 2001 Topps HTA that I busted a few days ago to pull out his RC, potentially to grade.

Ichiro Auto plus RC and Relic.JPG

Members online