Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pissed at Burbank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Nobody has offered an alternative explanation for why the one card Brad needs is 15x the cost of the other cards, which are as close to identical as you can get.

one possible idea : aside from the differences in quantity available that someone else mentioned already , the high priced one is the only one that is a new listing.....

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
No follow up answer to my second question, despite the "If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask" line. I was polite and was honest about wanting to include it in a larger order. If they had priced this card even at a very high $5, I would have bought it and bought a couple other cards they had listed since shipping would be covered. Instead, they've lost me as a customer because of lack of response and questionable pricing. I've always refused to be held hostage for PC cards I can wait on, even if it will take years to find.

This card was a glaring example. They've also priced some 2004 Diamond Kings cards I don't have at very high prices in comparison to what they should be ($60-$90 for cards that have historically sold $15-$50).

_______

Eddie,

Do you have any explanation why this card (312124846830) is priced at $15, while same player-brand-insert-scarcity cards (312124847274) and (362295993415) you have listed are priced at $1 each? Seems strange. I would like to include this card in a larger order, but a fair price would be at what the other two cards are priced at.

Regards,
Brad

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
_______

Eddie,

Do you have any explanation why this card (312124846830) is priced at $15, while same player-brand-insert-scarcity cards (312124847274) and (362295993415) you have listed are priced at $1 each? Seems strange. I would like to include this card in a larger order, but a fair price would be at what the other two cards are priced at.

Regards,
Brad

My prediction how this will end is he simply will increase the $1 cards to $15 to blend in and "fix" the problem of inconsistencies... mostly as a FU.

That is the Burbank way.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
This may help. Per Beckett:
The 1998 Topps Gallery Auction Points cards, while made particularly scarce by its limited production run,with the 75 point card being most rare (due, according to rumour, to Grace’s objection to the use of the number 75). Only three of the cards that survive are in decent condition.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
My prediction how this will end is he simply will increase the $1 cards to $15 to blend in and "fix" the problem of inconsistencies... mostly as a FU.

That is the Burbank way.

Their cards, they can do what they want. I'm not going to loose any sleep over a Tony Womack card, that's for sure!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This may help. Per Beckett:
The 1998 Topps Gallery Auction Points cards, while made particularly scarce by its limited production run,with the 75 point card being most rare (due, according to rumour, to Grace’s objection to the use of the number 75). Only three of the cards that survive are in decent condition.

Grace and every other Cub - not one player in franchise history has worn #75!

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
Probably doesn't mean anything.
According to BaseballReference.com, no Cub has worn numbers 65, 69, 70, 73, 74, 75, 77-93, 95, 97, 98.

Source:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/uniform-numbers.shtml

This is too funny of a thread and as I collect gwynn and am in need of the ink point 10 and missed in a lot for $.99 and would pay $20 for it. Lol. Really your issue is that you want the card so bad it is frustrating you because we all know that Burbank is hoarding cards that we all want. Lol

I feel
Your pain. My advice, pay it and be done with it and then you have a story and can still hate them.

This guy hoarding a gwynn on me that had 25 copies ten hit eBay sold for 10-25. Wouldn’t budge if $45 and has best offer and wouldn’t take a nickel off and wouldn’t take the best offer off.

I said merry Christmas and paid him the $45. Then he throws in extra cards of players. Lmao. Got $10 clear on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I predict another formal apology from [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] on the way - this one to Burbank.

Great idea, Chris. ;)

TxRyan

Jan 21, 2016
Only plausible reason I can think is that they have 2 of one of the others available and 3 copies of the 3rd card. The $15 card they only have one copy in stock so maybe they’re basing price on availability. For some cards I have purchased from them in the past I think I saw prices rise on there remaining last copy. Internal Supply based?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I was about to make the same point because I have observed this several times myself on cards I was interested in. The ones where they only had a single copy in their inventory were marked higher than ones they had multiple copies even when the single copy card was of a lesser valued player when comparing 1:1.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts