Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Albert Pujols gets hit #3,000, becoming 4th player with 3,000 hits and 600 home runs.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    5,354
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Albert Pujols gets hit #3,000, becoming 4th player with 3,000 hits and 600 home runs.

    Pujols just became the 32nd member of the 3,000-hit club.

    He also joins Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Alex Rodriguez in the 3,000 hit/600 home run club.

    It's odd how little attention Pujols has been getting as he neared 3,000 hits, especially since he's possibly one of the ten greatest hitters of all-time.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

  2. #2
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,187
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1877.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	79641

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1878.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	626.8 KB 
ID:	79642


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,771
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It's odd how little attention Pujols has been getting as he neared 3,000 hits, especially since he's possibly one of the ten greatest hitters of all-time.
    I can see the little attention - he's on the west coast so those in the east are already in bed when he plays plus he's not been the Pujols of the St. Louis years ever since he arrived in Anaheim.

    I just thought during the Pujols moment about Trout. I saw him run out with the rest of the team to congratulate Albert and was thinking Trout better take it in and enjoy Albert's moment because I think Trout is going to blow away what Albert has done so Trout will be getting some of that 3000 hit publicity and acknowledgement himself in a few years.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    1,048
     tigger0007
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Mr. Albert Pujols on getting his 3,000 hit! Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

  5. #5
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    9,946
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time itís ever happened on the same day as a no hitter


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  6. #6
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,121
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujols's career reminds me a lot of Griffey's. Both were otherworldly on their first team, both changed teams around the midpoint of their careers, and both were much more mediocre over the second half of their careers.

    Like Griffey, I think Pujols will get more more love once we retires and people can look back at the memories without being distracted by the 0-4 with 2 K's and a GDP box score...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,391
     BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    First time it’s ever happened on the same day as a no hitter


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Not the same, but equally cool, Thomas hit HR #500 on the same day Biggio hit #3000.

  8. #8
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,121
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunchOBull View Post
    Not the same, but equally cool, Thomas hit HR #500 on the same day Biggio hit #3000.
    Pretty sure Thomas was the only one to get ejected from the game he hit his 500th home run.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,391
     BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    Pretty sure Thomas was the only one to get ejected from the game he hit his 500th home run.
    Lol, probably so. He wasn't known for ejections either.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,822
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1878.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	626.8 KB 
ID:	79642
    I love this graphic, never seen one like it before.
    HOF auto collector - I'm up to 258 different in my collection (used to have a photobucket link here, but photobucket sucks)

    GO ROCKIES!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    1,048
     tigger0007
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    Pujols's career reminds me a lot of Griffey's. Both were otherworldly on their first team, both changed teams around the midpoint of their careers, and both were much more mediocre over the second half of their careers.

    Like Griffey, I think Pujols will get more more love once we retires and people can look back at the memories without being distracted by the 0-4 with 2 K's and a GDP box score...
    The second half of their careers......is the way it should be......the others like McGwire, Bonds, etc....was the wrong way. Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,187
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Bombjack View Post
    I love this graphic, never seen one like it before.

    I actually saw a gif just like this on Twitter that showed every single hit.

    Iíll see if I can find it.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,187
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spray chart gif of every Pujols hit.

    https://twitter.com/darenw/status/99...561386497?s=21





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  14. #14
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,465
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see some Pujols cards. We all got to watch an all-time great as a rookie, in his prime and now the twilight of his career.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	189887d1388861514-pujols-2001-e-topps-rc-auto-32-pujols-2001-etopps-auto-32169.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	79650

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •