Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols gets hit #3,000, becoming 4th player with 3,000 hits and 600 home runs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Pujols just became the 32nd member of the 3,000-hit club.

He also joins Hank Aaron, Willie Mays and Alex Rodriguez in the 3,000 hit/600 home run club.

It's odd how little attention Pujols has been getting as he neared 3,000 hits, especially since he's possibly one of the ten greatest hitters of all-time.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It's odd how little attention Pujols has been getting as he neared 3,000 hits, especially since he's possibly one of the ten greatest hitters of all-time.

I can see the little attention - he's on the west coast so those in the east are already in bed when he plays plus he's not been the Pujols of the St. Louis years ever since he arrived in Anaheim.

I just thought during the Pujols moment about Trout. I saw him run out with the rest of the team to congratulate Albert and was thinking Trout better take it in and enjoy Albert's moment because I think Trout is going to blow away what Albert has done so Trout will be getting some of that 3000 hit publicity and acknowledgement himself in a few years.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Pujols's career reminds me a lot of Griffey's. Both were otherworldly on their first team, both changed teams around the midpoint of their careers, and both were much more mediocre over the second half of their careers.

Like Griffey, I think Pujols will get more more love once we retires and people can look back at the memories without being distracted by the 0-4 with 2 K's and a GDP box score...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not the same, but equally cool, Thomas hit HR #500 on the same day Biggio hit #3000.

Pretty sure Thomas was the only one to get ejected from the game he hit his 500th home run.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Pujols's career reminds me a lot of Griffey's. Both were otherworldly on their first team, both changed teams around the midpoint of their careers, and both were much more mediocre over the second half of their careers.

Like Griffey, I think Pujols will get more more love once we retires and people can look back at the memories without being distracted by the 0-4 with 2 K's and a GDP box score...
The second half of their careers......is the way it should be......the others like McGwire, Bonds, etc....was the wrong way. Best regards, David

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Let's see some Pujols cards. We all got to watch an all-time great as a rookie, in his prime and now the twilight of his career.

189887d1388861514-pujols-2001-e-topps-rc-auto-32-pujols-2001-etopps-auto-32169.jpg

Members online