Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I feel bad for whoever bought this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I feel bad for the buyer. Not because he bought the card, but because he is a dumb ass. I also feel bad for the seller. Because he is a blister on the ass of humanity.

MINT FROM PACK Indeed.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah that MINT FROM THE PACK is ridiculous. If the seller just added "WAS" in front of that, I wouldn't think them to be an ultimate ****** (just an everyday-average one).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ah, the good ol days of collecting where die cuts were closer to a mouse nibble rather than the grotesque shapes of modern times.

;)

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
There was a 2004 Troy Glaus Reflections up for a while that someone did the same exact thing to. Different seller, but same BS story.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Honestly, I don't feel bad for the buyer at all. If you're that dumb enough not to conduct due diligence, than it's on you. Is the seller a muppet? Yes, indeed. No one is denying that, but the buyer should know better.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Honestly, I don't feel bad for the buyer at all. If you're that dumb enough not to conduct due diligence, than it's on you. Is the seller a muppet? Yes, indeed. No one is denying that, but the buyer should know better.

But some don’t. There’s a lot of information out there concerning the hobby. Yes this is silly but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I remember when these came out. There was a little cottage industry with people who owned embossers and whatnot making their own 1/1s. This die-cut pattern appeared among them. Funny how years later they still are floating around.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It was mint from the pack, until it was altered.

It is getting harder and harder to find information on cards though, especially older issues that might pop up much later after their issue date. Remember those Donruss Challenge set 1/1s that popped up a few months back. Still not sure these are legit, but I still bought a few.

I was recently trying to find some information on those ceramic plates issues in the 80s. Figured I could google up some quick answers. FAIL! I couldn't even get a hit on the company name aside from people selling the plates. I don't know if they are still in business, got bought up, went belly up...?

I still say that you have to educate yourself as best you can. Can't trust 100% of the sellers to be honest or fair.