Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congratulations to James Paxton..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Remember the Jays drafted him high (#1 i believe)but he didn't sign...basically said he didn't want to play in his home country. That's what i heard and maybe read somewhere.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Remember the Jays drafted him high (#1 i believe)but he didn't sign...basically said he didn't want to play in his home country. That's what i heard and maybe read somewhere.

He was a Boras client who iirc was willing to sign for the price of 1.4mil and they offered him 1mil. :-| The Jays have been known to play the small market game even though they're much larger than they let on.

The only reason a talent like that could slide to 37th overall was teams probably heard the list of Boras demands ahead of time (as happened with his clients in the past), which would suggest to me the Jays knew the price in advance.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He was a Boras client who iirc was willing to sign for the price of 1.4mil and they offered him 1mil. :-| The Jays have been known to play the small market game even though they're much larger than they let on.

The only reason a talent like that could slide to 37th overall was teams probably heard the list of Boras demands ahead of time (as happened with his clients in the past), which would suggest to me the Jays knew the price in advance.

After looking it up the above is close but its much much more convoluted. Apparently there was a lawsuit and Boras was trying to toe the line of agent and "adviser"

Members online