Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Minor League Daily Thread - 5/10 (Soto On the Move Again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Gregory Soto
Luis Escobar*
Spencer Howard*
Shaun Anderson*
Tyler Alexander*
Ryan Castellani*
Zack Littell*
Mike Matuella*
Trey Supak*
Alex Lange*
Bryan Mata*
Oscar de la Cruz*
Yennsy Diaz
Brendan McKay
Adbert Alzolay*
Jose Suarez*
Cionel Perez*
Foster Griffin*
Logan Allen*
Vladimir Gutierrez*
Sandy Alcantara*
Austin Gomber*
Max Povse*
Tyler Beede*

Matchup of the Day
Taylor Hearn vs. Franklyn Kilome*

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Juan Soto promoted to AA Harrisburg. :mrgreen:

He could be a Sept. call up at this rate.

[MENTION=1810]phillyfan0417[/MENTION] [MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION]

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jose Siri added to Daytona's roster. Been rehabbing in XST.

BTW, Lucas Sims had a good line today, but he's no longer a prospect so I'll leave it to (ahem) someone else to report on him from now on.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Prospects on the rise...an Eloy Jimenez raw base auto sold for $260 & a couple raw base autos of Juan Soto have exceeded $200!

Really regretting that I only bought a few Juan Soto autos but glad that I stocked up on graded & color autos of Eloy Jimenez.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
BTW, Lucas Sims had a good line today, but he's no longer a prospect so I'll leave it to (ahem) someone else to report on him from now on.

Alright, I'll be the designated Atlanta Braves non-prospect prospect stat line reporter from here on out.

Lucas Sims final line - 6.2 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 0 BB, 6 K

I'm wondering how close he'll get to those prices...

Yeah, same here. Both of their autos were selling for a similar amount when they were first released & now Soto's raw base autos have begun to hit $200. Around this exact time last year Acuna's were selling for around that amount too.

So the two of them have been following a very similar path.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Got my KLaw question answered just now, albeit not the answer I was anticipating.

J.P.
1:32
Soto's on his way to Harrisburg. That was fast. Do you see him making it to DC this season at this rate if there's room?

Keith Law
I don't think his approach is ready for that or close to it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
And another mention later on in the chat - "(FTR, I'm shocked Soto was moved up. He was very good when I saw him, but he didn't scream "get him to AA" either.)"

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Got my KLaw question answered just now, albeit not the answer I was anticipating.

J.P.
Soto's on his way to Harrisburg. That was fast. Do you see him making it to DC this season at this rate if there's room?

Keith Law
I don't think his approach is ready for that or close to it.

That's like the klaw response of all klaw responses.

He is probably just being conservative like always but I wonder what he's questioning about his approach.

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I'm interested to know what that means...what kind of numbers or metrics would he need for it to scream get him to AA?

I mean if Law doesn't consider .372/.476/.802 "get him to AA" worthy, I don't know what will. Fun fact. Soto has more walks (25) than whiffs (21). More than half of his hits (24) have gone for extra bases. He has more homers this season (12) than the entire Greenville Drive roster combined (10). Case closed.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Law just put up his most recent blog post on several players this morning, one of which was Soto.

To sum up - lot of Robles/Acuna to his game but still raw and probably won't race to MLB like they did. Electric bat speed, 70 runner, approach not great - was badly fooled by breaking stuff from lefties. Very wide stance and such a short stride that reacting to changing speeds will be an issue for him. Does have superstar tools.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Law just put up his most recent blog post on several players this morning, one of which was Soto.

To sum up - lot of Robles/Acuna to his game but still raw and probably won't race to MLB like they did. Electric bat speed, 70 runner, approach not great - was badly fooled by breaking stuff from lefties. Very wide stance and such a short stride that reacting to changing speeds will be an issue for him. Does have superstar tools.

Yeah that's a typical Law assessment lol

Members online