Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AVOID SGC CROSSOVER SERVICE!!!!

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBust80 View Post
    Right?? Some of the replies I’ve gotten made me think they work there, took things personally almost smh
    That’s the nature of the internet.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    They probably read this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JBust80 View Post
    Right?? Some of the replies I’ve gotten made me think they work there, took things personally almost smh

Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    That’s the nature of the internet.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Several years ago I purchased a couple 1993 SP Jeter BGS 9s. I selected cards with subs 9 or higher. My intent was to crossover to PSA since PSA9 Cards were selling $500-750 higher than BGS9. NOT A SINGLE CARD CROSSED.

PSA had previously stated that for a BGS 9 to cross to PSA 9 all of the sins needed to be 9+....so much like the OP I was confused. After talking to PSA I was told that the existing grade was a “starting” point and determined that my cards had all been altered/trimmed. I was offered to crack them out and resub to PSA....which I did; I now own several raw ungraded and trimmed Jeter RCs.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Calfas View Post
    Several years ago I purchased a couple 1993 SP Jeter BGS 9s. I selected cards with subs 9 or higher. My intent was to crossover to PSA since PSA9 Cards were selling $500-750 higher than BGS9. NOT A SINGLE CARD CROSSED.

PSA had previously stated that for a BGS 9 to cross to PSA 9 all of the sins needed to be 9+....so much like the OP I was confused. After talking to PSA I was told that the existing grade was a “starting” point and determined that my cards had all been altered/trimmed. I was offered to crack them out and resub to PSA....which I did; I now own several raw ungraded and trimmed Jeter RCs.
    Ouch.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crossovers are not guaranteed. So even if you know from experience that for the most part, a BGS 9.5 = SGC 98 = PSA 10, it doesn't mean any specific company HAS TO grade it that way. They grade the card itself. Although I don't like it, there is inconsistency within every company. You can find BGS 9.5 with the exact same subs as another BGS 9.5 even if they're different. Similarly, you can find PSA10s that are differently centered or nicer edges than another PSA10. So If you send a PSA10 to BGS, it could grade BGS10, 9.5 or even 9 depending on who is grading and maybe even their mood. You could submit the same card, get a 9, crack it, resub it, get a 9.5 or even 10.

So I don't think you can ever be upset with a company for not crossing over a card at the grade you think it should be.

buster3697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post

Haha these are great! Love Silicon Valley!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234