Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braves Ownership

buster3697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Don't want Machado. He'll be super expensive and besides we have Austin Riley who's going to get the call any minute now the way he's been killing the minors. Also, this team is not lacking in offense. In fact we lead the league in the vast majority of offensive categories.

Keep the focus on the minor league system and our home grown talent (like the Astros did). Albies & Acuna are just the first of more to come. Austin Riley has got future All-star written all over him too.
    I only mentioned Machado b/c we clearly need an upgrade at 3rd, but I wasn't aware of this Riley kid. He does sound like a future All-star for sure! He hit three homers and knocked in eight runs for Triple-A Gwinnett on Sunday!! Maybe Bautista is a short-term solution until they call him up, soon I hope!

ESPN did a great piece on the Braves recently, if you didn't see: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...5-chicago-cubs

moonshinesportscards
     moonshinesports
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a lot of the class A and class C Liberty Media Braves shares for my IRA at the IPO (BATRA & BATRK). I've done really well because of the new ballpark and the Braves success so far on the field and the profitability of the team and surrounding projects. Both stocks are up 38-45% since the IPO. Maybe a new ownership group comes in and buys the Braves and the shareholders get a really nice return
    Looking for the following card to complete the rainbow:
    2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Red Refractors Brad Lincoln /5

Also looking for: Orson Charles (2012 Leaf Metal, Leaf Valiant, Leaf Ultimate), Josh Harvey-Clemons (2012 Leaf Army), and John Theus (2012 Leaf Army).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfights View Post
    I've done really well because of the new ballpark and the Braves success so far on the field and the profitability of the team and surrounding projects. Both stocks are up 38-45% since the IPO. Maybe a new ownership group comes in and buys the Braves and the shareholders get a really nice return
    I'm up 35%. Sweet return considering the length of time I've held the stock but it's no amazon, netflix, boeing or apple when it comes to the performance of some of the other stocks in my portfolio.

I'm not ready for Mark Zuckerberg to buy the team yet and hope it doesn't happen for years. The success on the field should lead to great revenue growth in the future as you get fans in the seats, probably find a way to get more fans in the ballpark, find more sponsorship opportunities (I can't believe they haven't NASCAR'd the Freeze yet!) and get more people to bum around the ballpark area before and after the games in the retail area.

blueberry_12
     Big_Daddy_MC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually do own some stock, but just enough to say I do. I felt it was my duty as a die-hard Braves fan to buy some the day of the initial public offering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12