Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Braves Ownership

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,849
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Braves Ownership

    ok, I"m dying of curiosity here. How many of you have ownership in the Braves? I think it's a great time to have a piece of the team pie with the Braves having a great young season so far and the youth appearing that they may be ready to help the Braves achieve success for many years to come.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    46
     buster3697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acuna/Albies look legit! Wish they’d trade for Machado and really go for the playoffs this year.

  3. #3
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    10,778
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't want Machado. He'll be super expensive and besides we have Austin Riley who's going to get the call any minute now the way he's been killing the minors. Also, this team is not lacking in offense. In fact we lead the league in the vast majority of offensive categories.

    Keep the focus on the minor league system and our home grown talent (like the Astros did). Albies & Acuna are just the first of more to come. Austin Riley has got future All-star written all over him too.

    Pitching prospects are trickier than position players. Often it takes them much longer to reach their potential, if they ever do at all. Considering the fact most of our top prospects are pitchers I wouldn't mind spending some money on a free agent or making a trade for one quality starter. Wouldn't mind picking up a relief pitcher or two either, as I don't trust our bullpen.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  4. #4
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    10,778
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could say I have some ownership in Braves prospects...





















    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  5. #5
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    10,235
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t get it, are the Braves publicly owned, like the Packers?


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  6. #6
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    10,778
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    I don’t get it, are the Braves publicly owned, like the Packers?


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    I don't understand the question either. I am curious though...
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  7. #7
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,059
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    You could say I have some ownership in Braves prospects...





















    Very nice!!!! Do you bust a lot of boxes or buy singles?

  8. #8
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    10,778
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Very nice!!!! Do you bust a lot of boxes or buy singles?
    Thanks! I used to buy wax but it got wayyyy too expensive so now I just buy singles.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,849
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    I don’t get it, are the Braves publicly owned, like the Packers?
    Yes, you can have a very small sliver of the Braves if you own BATRA (Liberty Media Braves) which gives you partial ownership of the Braves, the minor league clubs the Braves/Liberty Media owns (essentially the whole farm system except for the Fire Frogs), the new ballpark and the retail area around the ballpark.

    Packers are more like a ceremonial public ownership - you buy shares so they can fundraise for construction or whatever, but you can't sell the shares except back to the Packers for essentially nothing. BATRA is traded on the NASDAQ exchange so you buy and sell it like a stock. No dividend is paid on BATRA so you are relying on stock appreciation for now.

    I'm surprised more people don't have part ownership in the Braves like I do. I think my BATRA investment will perform better/create more wealth in the long term than hoarding a stash of Albies, Acuna, Soroka, etc. cards.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    10,235
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Yes, you can have a very small sliver of the Braves if you own BATRA (Liberty Media Braves) which gives you partial ownership of the Braves, the minor league clubs the Braves/Liberty Media owns (essentially the whole farm system except for the Fire Frogs), the new ballpark and the retail area around the ballpark.

    Packers are more like a ceremonial public ownership - you buy shares so they can fundraise for construction or whatever, but you can't sell the shares except back to the Packers for essentially nothing. BATRA is traded on the NASDAQ exchange so you buy and sell it like a stock. No dividend is paid on BATRA so you are relying on stock appreciation for now.

    I'm surprised more people don't have part ownership in the Braves like I do. I think my BATRA investment will perform better/create more wealth in the long term than hoarding a stash of Albies, Acuna, Soroka, etc. cards.
    Hmm, interesting, never heard of this before


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  11. #11
    Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Carolina on the Southern side
    Posts
    10,778
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Yes, you can have a very small sliver of the Braves if you own BATRA (Liberty Media Braves) which gives you partial ownership of the Braves, the minor league clubs the Braves/Liberty Media owns (essentially the whole farm system except for the Fire Frogs), the new ballpark and the retail area around the ballpark.

    Packers are more like a ceremonial public ownership - you buy shares so they can fundraise for construction or whatever, but you can't sell the shares except back to the Packers for essentially nothing. BATRA is traded on the NASDAQ exchange so you buy and sell it like a stock. No dividend is paid on BATRA so you are relying on stock appreciation for now.

    I'm surprised more people don't have part ownership in the Braves like I do. I think my BATRA investment will perform better/create more wealth in the long term than hoarding a stash of Albies, Acuna, Soroka, etc. cards.
    I was completely unaware of this. Since I know very little about the stock market I likely won't be buying any but it still sounds very interesting. If I were more educated on how the stock market worked I'd probably give it a shot.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,849
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    . Since I know very little about the stock market
    Read Jim Cramer's book 'mad money - watch TV and get rich". It made me a much better stock picker thanks to the great explanations of stock terms and the stock screening checklist given in the book. PS, don't take Jim's word as gospel about the stocks he recommends. Do your stock screening checklist from the book and do your own homework to see if you should invest and get comfortable with whatever decision you make.

  13. #13
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,462
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    Read Jim Cramer's book 'mad money - watch TV and get rich". It made me a much better stock picker thanks to the great explanations of stock terms and the stock screening checklist given in the book. PS, don't take Jim's word as gospel about the stocks he recommends. Do your stock screening checklist from the book and do your own homework to see if you should invest and get comfortable with whatever decision you make.
    In Bowman chrome autos too!

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,849
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    In Bowman chrome autos too!
    right on the money. Picking prospects is a lot like picking stocks when you think about having to do research and maybe even screening worksheets. I'm good at stocks, haven't tried prospects since I'm not a prospect miner but rather set collector.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    46
     buster3697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Don't want Machado. He'll be super expensive and besides we have Austin Riley who's going to get the call any minute now the way he's been killing the minors. Also, this team is not lacking in offense. In fact we lead the league in the vast majority of offensive categories.

    Keep the focus on the minor league system and our home grown talent (like the Astros did). Albies & Acuna are just the first of more to come. Austin Riley has got future All-star written all over him too.
    I only mentioned Machado b/c we clearly need an upgrade at 3rd, but I wasn't aware of this Riley kid. He does sound like a future All-star for sure! He hit three homers and knocked in eight runs for Triple-A Gwinnett on Sunday!! Maybe Bautista is a short-term solution until they call him up, soon I hope!

    ESPN did a great piece on the Braves recently, if you didn't see: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...5-chicago-cubs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •