Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

All Things Superfractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
This is a one-stop-shop for superfractor questions:

-What is your favorite year/set for superfractors?
-How many superfractors do you own?
-What is your favorite superfractor?
-Do you "like" superfractors and why or why not?

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
What is your favorite year/set for superfractors? This year! Because of the Ohtani superfractor!
-How many superfractors do you own? Zero. -What is your favorite superfractor? Ohtani
-Do you "like" superfractors and why or why not? Yes! $$$....found about 3 in 18 years! Sold all three.... Best regards, David

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
-Do you "like" superfractors and why or why not?
Yes, because they're pretty.
sizemore-supers.jpg

-What is your favorite year/set for superfractors?
2011 Topps Chrome, 2016 Topps Heritage, and 2013 Bowman Sterling. All Sterling sets are pretty sweet.

-How many superfractors do you own?
Probably about a dozen altogether.

-What is your favorite superfractor?
2011 Topps Chrome Sizemore is my fave among the ones I own. The Trout RC is probably my all-time favorite, because it's the Trout RC Super.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
- Do I like superfractors?
No. I don't like "gimmicks" that card manufacturers have resorted to in order to sell more products at higher prices. There are only two winners - the 1 person who finds the superfractor and the card company. They've priced kids out of the hobby and it's sad. (Actually started in the mid-90s but at the time, there were only about 2 products that kids couldn't afford...now it's flipped and there's about 2 that they CAN afford)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yes, I love superfractors! While it almost never happens, there is nothing more exciting than pulling one from a pack. In my 20+ years being in this hobby I've only ever pulled a few....

Unfortunately I didn't scan the 3rd one & cannot for the life of me remember who it was (some non-auto prospect from a Bowman product). I sold the other two almost immediately (really regret letting go of that Kershaw but at the time I was not a prospector and had no idea who he was). I think it's great that there is now a single holy grail rookie/prospect card for most of the top players that's released far before they became a household name.

Of the few supers I've pulled that Kershaw is obviously my favorite. Considering the Trout is the holy grail of all modern day cards I'd have to say that's my overall favorite.

Jul 12, 2017
I feel like the 2013 and earlier Superfractors looked much better than anything post 2014.

I currently own 10 supers of Cutch with another on the way.

My favorite is the 2009 Bowman Chrome because its his rookie card, but aesthetically its the 1989 design because that was the first year I completed an actual set and the nostalgia of the original set brings back a lot of joyful memories collecting cards with my dad and grampa.

Hell yes I like superfractors.

EPSON110-1.jpg20180408_095314.jpg20180209_164231.jpgEPSON178-2-1.jpgEPSON178-1-1.jpgEPSON178-1-3.jpgEPSON178-1-5.jpgEPSON178-1-2.jpgEPSON178-1-4.jpgEPSON178-1-6.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I love Supers when you can actually tell they're a Superfractor, so many of the newer ones you can hardly see the pattern thru the dark color background. Like the 2015 Finest Greats super showed up earlier this year and you honestly couldn't see the pattern, it was like an afterthought on the card so I didn't even put in a serious bid for it.

I've got my 3 autos, 1 non-auto and my custom made (by me) super that I got signed at the 2015 National. I have 3 out of the 4 super autos that have ever been up for sale.

The 2014 Finest Greats super was my white whale and I'll never part with it, that card is my child until I fool some woman into taking me in. There are a few RJ cards I'd really like to own, but the thrill of the hunt/find will never match up to getting that card.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I love Supers when you can actually tell they're a Superfractor, so many of the newer ones you can hardly see the pattern thru the dark color background. Like the 2015 Finest Greats super showed up earlier this year and you honestly couldn't see the pattern, it was like an afterthought on the card so I didn't even put in a serious bid for it.

I've got my 3 autos, 1 non-auto and my custom made (by me) super that I got signed at the 2015 National. I have 3 out of the 4 super autos that have ever been up for sale.

The 2014 Finest Greats super was my white whale and I'll never part with it, that card is my child until I fool some woman into taking me in. There are a few RJ cards I'd really like to own, but the thrill of the hunt/find will never match up to getting that card.

Those 2014 Finest Greats superfractor autos are some of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. The regular base/color refractor set in general are amazing looking cards but the golden superfractor pattern really pops on that design making them standout from any other product/year with super parallels. Love your RJ, it's one of the best looking cards from that set too. Not only cuz I'm a Randy Johnson fan but because the photo they use blends in perfectly.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I've switched up a question, but neat topic!

-Have you ever pulled a superfractor? Yes. The only superfractor I have ever pulled was from a box of 2010 Topps Chrome
2010 Topps Chrome Hideki Matsui Superfractor 1/1:
JXmYSHpl.jpg

-How many superfractors do you own? 2. the 2011 Topps Finest Felix Hernandez Superfractor 1/1 (I have the complete rainbow including the Canary 1/1) and the 2013 Topps Chrome Mike Zunino RC Autograph Superfractor 1/1 (only missing the pink refractor autograph /5 to complete the RC autograph rainbow)
2011 Topps Finest Felix Hernandez Superfractor 1/1:
JWMNjUT.jpg

-What is your favorite superfractor? This one, because I own it haha!
2013 Topps Chrome Mike Zunino RC Autograph Superfractor 1/1:
yL4qCO5l.jpg

Members online