User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Cano's 80 game PED Suspension

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    Its all about the money, he got his family out of poverty. He has no shame, he doesnt care he got the money. The only way Mlb can make it better is void the contract of any player who fails the test.
    Mariners would love that so much at this point. To get out of the age 35-41 years of his 240mil contract would be bliss for them.

Cano hit 39hr 2 years ago after usually averaging in the mid 20s.... and this is a very skilled player. What does it say about garbage hitters like Justin Smoak and Logan Morrison who both hit 38hr out of nowhere last year?

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it was an honest mistake?

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Maybe it was an honest mistake?
    I doubt it.

It was used to treat heart issues like congestive failure. It's not even on the top page of drugs you would use to treat a blood pressure issue, although that's what he says it was prescribed for.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    I doubt it.

It was used to treat heart issues like congestive failure. It's not even on the top page of drugs you would use to treat a blood pressure issue, although that's what he says it was prescribed for.

I believe him.

I have no reason not to.

What’s he ever done for anyone to doubt his word?

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furosemide

it is a masking agent

it's also used by those of us who suffer from swollen extremities due to retention of fluids when sitting or standing in a relatively fixed position for extended periods....i don't use it all that often now , but i've had a supply on hand for the past 15 years and can attest to its effectiveness when a slew of doctors could never provide any other remedies to the problems....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe him.

I have no reason not to.

Absolutely nothing. He's by all accounts a stand up guy.

I think the facts of the case contradict his word. It's not impossible that he's telling the truth, but it's not very likely.

beanzy46
     andyscags
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe him.

I have no reason not to.

Playing for NY when Arod was there.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    -Andy

Always looking to add to my vintage pc's and set needs, let me know what you've got!

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    it's also used by those of us who suffer from swollen extremities due to retention of fluids when sitting or standing in a relatively fixed position for extended periods....i don't use it all that often now , but i've had a supply on hand for the past 15 years and can attest to its effectiveness when a slew of doctors could never provide any other remedies to the problems....
    Yes, it's handy stuff.

He was using it for hypertension.

All these drugs and he prescribed the masker?
    https://www.webmd.com/drugs/conditio...(Hypertension)

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanalfredo View Post
    Playing for NY when Arod was there.

Previously the association of players was a thing. Now with everything so readily available the ties to other juicers via teammates is kinda over blown.

beanzy46
     andyscags
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previously the association of players was a thing. Now with everything so readily available the ties to other juicers via teammates is kinda over blown.
    True. That is more of my inner bias against the Yankees because my team has lost to them in the playoffs for almost 15 years.

-Andy

Always looking to add to my vintage pc's and set needs, let me know what you've got!

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a hike, Fredo.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ids/612153002/

That article reminded me he was tied to the Biogenesis scandal that busted Bruan and Arod. They didn't have much on Cano to bust him too but its strange one of his workers was on the list.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is why it was timed with Cano's injury:

via T.J. Quinn

"IMPORTANT ON CANO: players are NOT automatically suspended for using diuretics. The suspension means MLB was able to prove he was using it to mask a drug. Cano tested positive before the season, appealed and dropped the appeal."

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ids/612153002/

That article reminded me he was tied to the Biogenesis scandal that busted Bruan and Arod. They didn't have much on Cano to bust him too but its strange one of his workers was on the list.
    they were all caught by paperwork in that scandal. the drugs are so good they hardly detected anymore. the only way they get caught is STUPIDITY

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Recently I learned that I tested positive for a substance called furosemide, which is not a performance-enhancing substance," Cano said in a statement issued by the MLB Players Association. "Furosemide is used to treat various medical conditions in the United States and the Dominican Republic. This substance was given to me by a licensed doctor in the Dominican Republic to treat a medical ailment. While I did not realize at the time that I was given a medication that was banned, I obviously now wish that I had been more careful. For more than 15 years, playing professional baseball has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life. I would never do anything to cheat the rules of the game that I love, and after undergoing dozens of drug tests over more than a decade, I have never tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the simple reason that I have never taken one."

This could certainly just be a bunch of BS, as many cheaters tend to come out with a similar statement about their trainers in another country giving them something....but for some reason I think I actually believe him. Maybe I'm simply being naive or maybe it's because an actual steroid/PED wasn't detected and I'd hate to call someone a cheater in such a scenario. Regardless, he knew the substance was banned and should have alerted MLB first that he was prescribed this for a specific medical aliment. I don't know if it would have mattered since it's banned but I know while amphetamines like Adderall, Dexedrine, etc. are banned too, the MLB still makes exceptions for players who are prescribed it by a doctor.

So while I'm okay with suspension for the reasons I just gave, I personally wouldn't consider him a cheater and I'd hate to see this kill any shot he has at being voted into the HOF.

And for the record I carry no bias in my opinion. I have never PC'd Cano, nor have I carefully followed his career, have him on my fantasy team or root for the Mariners. If it's later proven that it was in fact used to disguise a steroid with evidence of that substance in his system, I'll react just as harshly as the next guy.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast