Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robinson Cano's 80 game PED Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
9SeTTck.png

Hot off the press.

Sorry [MENTION=1802]Pinbreaker[/MENTION]

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey MLB can we talk about Trout and Harpers unnatural, post puberty, jaw and forehead growth?? (HGH)

jkMb4kf.png

Oh that's right, you guys protect stars. :confused:

I'm not surprised Cano is a cheat since probably a chunk the league is. I am more surprised they gave up on him being a star. I guess injured + age 35 = the end. :(

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
If it was a steroid, there goes his Hall of Fame chances. He was on pace for 3,000 hits in 3-4 years.

However, ESPN just reported he was banned for a diuretic called Furosemide, commonly known as as a water pill, that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt. It's for treating diseases like liver and heart problems.

I like how the suspension conveniently comes as Cano goes on the disabled list for a broken hand and will miss a bunch of games anyway.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I know nothing about the drug but from the vague surface information in the reports it seems far less of a performance enhancer than what most get busted for. Unless there's more too it I'd prefer to call him dumb rather than a cheater. A star like that needs to act more responsibly.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I know nothing about the drug but from the vague surface information in the reports it seems far less of a performance enhancer than what most get busted for. Unless there's more too it I'd prefer to call him dumb rather than a cheater. A star like that needs to act more responsibly.
I read it's the masking agent

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Its all about the money, he got his family out of poverty. He has no shame, he doesnt care he got the money. The only way Mlb can make it better is void the contract of any player who fails the test.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its all about the money, he got his family out of poverty. He has no shame, he doesnt care he got the money. The only way Mlb can make it better is void the contract of any player who fails the test.

Mariners would love that so much at this point. To get out of the age 35-41 years of his 240mil contract would be bliss for them.

Cano hit 39hr 2 years ago after usually averaging in the mid 20s.... and this is a very skilled player. What does it say about garbage hitters like Justin Smoak and Logan Morrison who both hit 38hr out of nowhere last year?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I doubt it.

It was used to treat heart issues like congestive failure. It's not even on the top page of drugs you would use to treat a blood pressure issue, although that's what he says it was prescribed for.

I believe him.

I have no reason not to.

What’s he ever done for anyone to doubt his word?

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
Furosemide

it is a masking agent

it's also used by those of us who suffer from swollen extremities due to retention of fluids when sitting or standing in a relatively fixed position for extended periods....i don't use it all that often now , but i've had a supply on hand for the past 15 years and can attest to its effectiveness when a slew of doctors could never provide any other remedies to the problems....