Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The reality of life really sucks sometimes...

bigrsports
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reality of life really sucks sometimes...

Sometimes the true reality of life's mortality unfortunately steps in when you least expect it.

I'm met a guy and have known him some twenty years through collecting cards. We would see each other numerous times at card shows and have long conversations on the phone about cards and anything else you could think of. He was my friend. When I used to set up at the National in Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, etc this guy would help me pack up, travel with me, we would room together, I would give him an exhibitor's pass, he would help me set up, he would give me breaks every day and watch my booth, and he would help me tear and pack up for the long journey back home.

This man really was one of the good guys.Truly he was one of the best. He was one of the nicest guys you would have ever met. He was humble, he was honest, he was a man of integrity, he was kind, he was laid back and never got overly excited, and he was always willing to help no matter what the situation was. I could honestly write a book about this guy. Everyone that knew him liked him. You couldn't help but like him whether you'd known him for years or whether you just met him.

He messed around some with modern cards and did become a member here although I don't think he ever posted. His true love was for vintage and he especially loved tobacco cards. He had a very nice collection of T206 cards as well as other cards from that era. He was a very active member on Net54, and there is a post running over there about him now.

I introduced him to Chris, Ken, and some of the other FBC administrators at the National years ago, you guys may remember him. And some of you on here may have known him, I don't know. He tagged along with me to the FBC dinner in Chicago in 2011. He also invited me to come along to the Net54 dinners at the Nationals we went to.

During my hiatus from cards and collecting we didn't communicate a lot as I was busy with life in general outside of cards. I look back on that and wish it was different. When I got back into collecting a little over a month ago he was one of the first guys I called which led to many telephone conversations, some two to three hours in length. He was just such a nice guy to talk to and had a wealth of knowledge about the hobby. We had a lot of laughs through the years and especially in our trips to the National.
    I just set up for my first card show a week ago Sunday and I was right across from him as he sets up there regularly. We had some fun as usual joking around and having a good time as it was kind of a slow day and not a lot of foot traffic. And then we talked for a while after we were all packed up, and of course he helped me pack up.
    The last thing I said to him was we need to keep in touch more often and he said yes we do.

I was just informed yesterday that my friend, Jantz Morey, passed away yesterday morning. He was only 51 years old. I am truly honored and blessed to have been able to call him my friend. There was simply no one like Jantz.

So sometimes in life when things seem to be rolling along smoothly, the harsh reality of its eventuality hits you right between the eyes without any notice. And in those moments you think about your own mortality and you give your wife and kids an extra hug, an extra kiss.
    Life is short and you never know how long you have or who you'll have in it. We all have rough patches in our lives but when something like this happens some of our troubles seem to be so miniscule in comparison.

So my heart is heavy today and I must admit I've shed a few tears, even as I type this. I'm still in somewhat of a state of shock but I wanted this to be a memorial to one of the kindest, sweetest guys I've ever met in my life and would ever meet in a thousand lives.

We just truly need to appreciate and love those we have in our lives and keep in contact more because we never know how long we're going to have them.

God bless you Jantz Morey. You will be so sorely missed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180515_094218.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	756.1 KB 
ID:	79808
    Jantz Morey
    January 5, 1967 - May 14, 2018
    Randy

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man thats tuff, the good people always seem to go young. Hang in there.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for posting this, I'm sure it was not easy to post. RIP

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well written, the emotion is very well expressed, you could tell he meant a lot to you. I obviously didnít know him, but could get a good picture from your words. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mantle7man
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were fortunate to come across someone like that. Though there are many, many good people out there, when one touches your life, you are blessed. I believe what you wrote fully reflects that!
    Collector of Autographs, TTM autographs, Vintage, Yankees and Mantle
    Sets completed 1955-1965, 1967, 1969, 1951 Topps Red & Blue Back, 1951 Bowman, 1955 Bowman, 1963 Fleer, 1965 Topps Embossed, 1961 Topps Stamps, 1962 Topps Stamps & 1968 Topps Game.
    Yankee needs:Two 1962 Topps stamp pairs. Need T209 Contentnea Roanoke players.dano 7 by Danny Secrist, on Flickr

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a gem of a guy. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    sorry to read about this. my condolences

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this. Not many people like you describe him to be in this world, so you are lucky to have known him! I’m sorry for your loss.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad to hear. RIP.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your friend Randy.
    [B][SIZE=3]

JCMINT01 IS NOW TAKING CONSIGNMENTS. ANY COLLECTION/LOT BIG OR SMALL.
    PM ME FOR DETAILS.

My current hot RC EBAY auctions. http://www.ebay.com/sch/jcmint01/m.h...&_sop=1&_rdc=1

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember him from the net 54 dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your loss Randy. 51 years is way too young. Prayers for his family.
    The number of people who confuse "to" and "too" never ceases two amaze me.

dominiqperrin
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad to read and so sorry for your loss. Indeed, he seemed like a great guy and a true friend for you. Keep in mind that you had the priviledge of knowing such a great person. Stay strong for him and for yourself.
    Always looking for Chris Young 1/1s... (Chris Young drafted by the White Sox, then to Arizona, then to the A's, then to New York, Boston... where next? LOL)

Dominique Perrin Photography:
    https://www.facebook.com/DominiquePerrinPhotography

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the story about your friend. You were very blessed to have such a great person as a true friend. I'm very sorry for your loss. Stay strong and God bless.

bigrsports
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know this board has always had some of the nicest people on it and it obviously still does. I am truly humbled by your kindness. You know I honestly think that divine intervention played a major role in me getting back into cards as it gave me the opportunity to see and have some long talks with my buddy Jantz 1 last time before he died.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, they are greatly appreciated!
    Randy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast