Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some packaged cards are prepared for a nuclear attack!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The strangest I have seen is cramming 2 cards in one penny slave and then into a toploader. . . . now its probably already damaged, so lets put tons of bubblewrap and protection around it so nothing can hurt it from the outside, because inside damage is all that matters!

Funny thing about PWE, I've done TTM 40 or so times and never have had a card with any dings at all, no toploaders or anything.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    The strangest I have seen is cramming 2 cards in one penny slave and then into a toploader. . . . now its probably already damaged, so lets put tons of bubblewrap and protection around it so nothing can hurt it from the outside, because inside damage is all that matters!

Funny thing about PWE, I've done TTM 40 or so times and never have had a card with any dings at all, no toploaders or anything.
    Hmmm...maybe I'll offer to pay extra for PWE with no top loader. Just ask for the "PWEHaste Special".
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I'll offer to pay extra for PWE with no top loader. Just ask for the "PWEHaste Special".
    I guess I'm better than 40 for 40 as when you send 1 card to a guy like Olerud he will send you 4 back.

Now that's PWE magic!!!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was noticing this as I opened up a dozen or so packages. It really almost seems these days that I either get the over the top packager or the imbecile who doesn't know or care how to package anything to avoid damage.

Why do people feel the need to squeeze the outer package down to the size of the object inside and then seal it in tape. How the F are we supposed to open this?

A couple years ago, I posted one one of these sites a photo of an envelope and an item that I damaged while opening. I asked the group for some honest feedback and actually I was told that it was mostly my fault. I agreed to some extent, but the bottom line was the guy packaged a paper item in an envelope that was almost the exact size as the item, taped up all the flaps and included no protective material to further protect the item. I ripped about 1/4" off the top of the envelope to open it and the item was in that area, so I ripped the item!

It really is not that hard to properly mail something to protect it and not cause grief on the other end trying to open it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12