Lewis Thorpe*
    Sandy Alcantara*
    Scott Blewett*
    Genesis Cabrera*
    Corbin Burnes*
    Michel Baez

Matchup of the Day
    Conner Greene vs. Mitch White*
    Last edited by Jaypers; 05-17-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zack Littell's line - 4 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K

Will Benson HR (9)

Kyle Wright was Wrong today.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    J.P.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Zack Littell's line - 4 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K

Will Benson HR (9)

Kyle Wright was Wrong today.

Kyle Wright has been so wrong lately he needs to change his last name. Check out his game log history, it goes something like this....quality start, implosion, quality start, implosion, quality start, etc. His entire 2018 has been that way.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fried was originally slated to pitch today, but has been called up to ATL instead. That's the good news.

The bad news is, he's replacing Soroka, who's going on the DL with a "right shoulder strain".
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Florial pulled early from his game today, with a (hopefully minor) wrist injury.

J.P.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florial pulled early from his game today, with a (hopefully minor) wrist injury.

This makes me incredibly sad. Hope he's not hurt and misses a bunch of time!!!
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fried was originally slated to pitch today, but has been called up to ATL instead. That's the good news.

The bad news is, he's replacing Soroka, who's going on the DL with a "right shoulder strain".
    NO! NO! NO! This is all wrong!

First, I hate to see Soroka injured already. I always look forward to his starts
    But regarding the move that was made, I don't mind having Fried back on the club...but ONLY if they plan to use him as a bullpen arm. We have a perfectly good young pitcher on this ball club rotting away in the pen who should be getting first dibs at the starter role when one of the guys gets injured or dropped from the rotation. His name is LUIZ GOHARA!!!!
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeren Kendall HR (2)

J.P.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen of Max Fried he's got the floor of a bullpen arm/bottom of the rotation/spot starter & at very best the potential of a #4 starter. I know it's probably early to make these assumptions but I just no longer perceive him as the frontline starter I projected him to be in 2016. His control/command is pretty poor and he doesn't have the electric stuff to prove he can whiff batters at an 8 K/9 or better.

Gohara on the other hand, I still see him as having frontline potential, just as long as he can stay healthy long enough to reach that potential. He has the best raw stuff of anyone in our minor league system and possibly our major league ball club too (Newcomb has great stuff too when he's able to stay in the strike zone).

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    From what I've seen of Max Fried he's got the floor of a bullpen arm/bottom of the rotation/spot starter & at very best the potential of a #4 starter. I know it's probably early to make these assumptions but I just no longer perceive him as the frontline starter I projected him to be in 2016. His control/command is pretty poor and he doesn't have the electric stuff to prove he can whiff batters at an 8 K/9 or better.

Gohara on the other hand, I still see him as having frontline potential, just as long as he can stay healthy long enough to reach that potential. He has the best raw stuff of anyone in our minor league system and possibly our major league ball club too (Newcomb has great stuff too when he's able to stay in the strike zone).
    Thanks for the, pitchers are better if they can throw strikes, analysis.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dipoto loves trading. That Gohara trade LMAO

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Thanks for the, pitchers are better if they can throw strikes, analysis.
    It's so very true.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Dipoto loves trading. That Gohara trade LMAO

Do you remember who the Braves gave up for him? I can't recall who it was so that must mean it was someone irrelevant.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so very true.

Do you remember who the Braves gave up for him? I can't recall who it was so that must mean it was someone irrelevant.
    Mallex Smith is all I remember

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Mallex Smith is all I remember

Ah yes, that's right. I actually like him and remember being really upset when the trade was made. We got another pitcher too but can't remember the name.

I was very vocal about how much I hated the trade too. Not sure how Mallex is doing these days but I'm happy with it now.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Melvin Adon's line - 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 7 K
    J.P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast