Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Minor League Daily Thread - 5/17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notables include:

Brendon Little
Max Fried*
Kyle Wright*
Jake Thompson
Melvin Adon*
Joey Wentz
Alex Wells
Dylan Cease
Taylor Hearn*
Chih-Wei Hu*
Luis Escobar*
Alex Lange
Alex Faedo
Nate Kirby vs. Mike Matuella
Nick Neidert*
Peter Lambert*
Lewis Thorpe*
Sandy Alcantara*
Scott Blewett*
Genesis Cabrera*
Corbin Burnes*
Michel Baez

Matchup of the Day
Conner Greene vs. Mitch White*

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Zack Littell's line - 4 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K

Will Benson HR (9)

Kyle Wright was Wrong today.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Kyle Wright has been so wrong lately he needs to change his last name. Check out his game log history, it goes something like this....quality start, implosion, quality start, implosion, quality start, etc. His entire 2018 has been that way.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Fried was originally slated to pitch today, but has been called up to ATL instead. That's the good news.

The bad news is, he's replacing Soroka, who's going on the DL with a "right shoulder strain". :(

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Fried was originally slated to pitch today, but has been called up to ATL instead. That's the good news.

The bad news is, he's replacing Soroka, who's going on the DL with a "right shoulder strain". :(

NO! NO! NO! This is all wrong!

First, I hate to see Soroka injured already. I always look forward to his starts
But regarding the move that was made, I don't mind having Fried back on the club...but ONLY if they plan to use him as a bullpen arm. We have a perfectly good young pitcher on this ball club rotting away in the pen who should be getting first dibs at the starter role when one of the guys gets injured or dropped from the rotation. His name is LUIZ GOHARA!!!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
From what I've seen of Max Fried he's got the floor of a bullpen arm/bottom of the rotation/spot starter & at very best the potential of a #4 starter. I know it's probably early to make these assumptions but I just no longer perceive him as the frontline starter I projected him to be in 2016. His control/command is pretty poor and he doesn't have the electric stuff to prove he can whiff batters at an 8 K/9 or better.

Gohara on the other hand, I still see him as having frontline potential, just as long as he can stay healthy long enough to reach that potential. He has the best raw stuff of anyone in our minor league system and possibly our major league ball club too (Newcomb has great stuff too when he's able to stay in the strike zone).

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
From what I've seen of Max Fried he's got the floor of a bullpen arm/bottom of the rotation/spot starter & at very best the potential of a #4 starter. I know it's probably early to make these assumptions but I just no longer perceive him as the frontline starter I projected him to be in 2016. His control/command is pretty poor and he doesn't have the electric stuff to prove he can whiff batters at an 8 K/9 or better.

Gohara on the other hand, I still see him as having frontline potential, just as long as he can stay healthy long enough to reach that potential. He has the best raw stuff of anyone in our minor league system and possibly our major league ball club too (Newcomb has great stuff too when he's able to stay in the strike zone).

Thanks for the, pitchers are better if they can throw strikes, analysis.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA

Dipoto loves trading. That Gohara trade LMAO

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Chih-Wei Hu's line - 3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K

Calvin Mitchell HR (5)

Members online