Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nutjob Lenny Dykstra nailed for threatening to kill an Uber driver and drug possession.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN- Former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies star Lenny Dykstra was arrested early Wednesday morning in Linden, New Jersey, after allegedly making terroristic threats towards an Uber driver and possession of cocaine and marijuana.

The Uber driver told the police that he picked up Dykstra in Linden and when he refused to change the agreed-upon destination, Dykstra pulled out a gun, pointed it at his head and threatened to kill him. The man said he sped into a parking lot next to the Linden police station, honked his horn and fled the vehicle

The 55 year old, known during his playing days as "Nails," took to Twitter to respond to the allegations by, among other things, citing lyrics from Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Kelly Clarkson.

"But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop moving. It's like I got this music in my mind, sayin' gonna be alright,'' Dykstra tweeted, referencing the Swift hit "Shake It Off.''

When one Twitter user suggested the encounter was the Uber driver's fault ``for not respecting a legend,'' Dykstra responded, "I'm not sure yet that that's the defense with which we are going to go.''

Dykstra spent more than six months in prison in 2013 for stealing valuables from his own California mansion and selling them after he had filed for bankruptcy.

Dykstra played from 1985 to '96 and was a three-time All-Star known for his fiery personality and aggressive play. He was a member of the 1986 Mets championship team and was on the 1993 Phillies team that made it to the World Series, losing to the Blue Jays.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Don't do drugs, Kids.... and no amount of gun control laws are going to keep guns out of the hands of felons.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Certified autographs are probably the way to go. I don't think I'd want to take the risk on my life to get a IP autograph from him anytime soon. ;)

Members online