Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These Player Used Pen cards are......something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As strange as these are and completely gimmicky, I really like these a lot. In the current days of plain grey swatches it is nice to see some more unique relics being made by card companies. The (unfortunately logoless) Panini Immaculate relics are awesome! Cleats, gloves, etc... it brings back memories of the Tools Of The Trade releases. I would drop a cool 1K for a card like this of Cutch if it was ever made and signed.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are something, all right. My vote is for something stupid. To each their own though, so as long as there is a market for them, they will be made. Plain bat and jersey swatches have become boring, like any idea that is driven into the ground, but I don't think we need to reach as far as pieces of pens. I imagine the typical player wears several jerseys in a season, and who is to say it couldn't be many if they really needed a supply of game used articles. This could produce enough buttons, patches, tags and such to make a nice variety of more interesting cards

I still think the single button cards that Donruss did in the early 2000s were some of the best GU cards ever. Bat Barrels (name plates) come in a very close 2nd and only lose out because you only get 1 or 2 per bat, but then again, it's feasible for many bats to be used in a season. Probably enough to eventually make barrels boring too, if they wanted to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12