Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top 13 Current Male Wrestlers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Today on The Taz Show they discussed their ‘Top 13 Current Wrestlers’ so I thought I would come up with my own list, and encourage you to do the same.

—————

The criteria I used to make my list were how big of an impact the wrestlers are currently having with whatever company they’re working for, and how entertaining their matches have been recently.

—————

13. Elias (WWE RAW)
-There’s not many wrestlers in WWE who are currently more over than Elias. He has the fans eating out of his hand on a weekly basis. He’s very young in his career, and has the potential to be a top star for WWE for years to come.

12. Shinsuke Nakamura (WWE SmackDown)
-Nakamura’s recent heel turn has breathed new life into what was becoming a stale WWE tenure. He’s the #1 contender to the WWE Championship, and the series of matches he has been putting on recently with AJ Styles have been incredible.

11. Brock Lesnar (WWE RAW - WWE Universal Champion)
-The only reason Brock isn’t in the Top 10 is because he wrestles so infrequently. If he competed more often he would be much higher on the list because every match he has is absolutely incredible, critics be damned. His match with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 34 was amazing, but the ignorant fans in attendance ruined it.

10. Adam Cole (WWE NXT - North American Champion)
-Adam Cole.......BAY BAY is great at everything he does. He’s incredible in the ring, and on the microphone. He has enormous charisma, and is killing it in NXT right now with the Undisputed Era.

9. Will Ospreay (NJPW - IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion)
-Ospreay is one of the most athletic wrestlers on the planet today. There’s not much he can’t do. He’s been tremendous as the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion, and I look forward to his match against newly crowned ‘Best of the Super Juniors’ tournament winner Hiromu Takahashi.....even though I wanted Taiji Ishimori to win the tournament.

8. Chris Jericho (NJPW & WWE)
-Jericho may be wrestling infrequently in 2018, but nobody can deny when he does compete that his matches aren’t the best on the card, which warrants a spot on this list. His match at Wrestle Kingdom 12 against Kenny Omega was one of the best of his career, and his upcoming Dominion matchup against Tetsuya Naito is sure to steal the show. Chris Jericho very well may be the 🐐.

7. Matt & Nick Jackson - The Young Bucks (NJPW & ROH - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champions)
-My only ‘cheat’ on the list, but I feel it’s justified because they’re the greatest tag team on the planet today and deserve to be included on a list like this.

6. Marty Scurll (NJPW & ROH - NEVER Openweight Tag Team Champion)
-Whether it’s in New Japan, Ring of Honor or on ‘Being The Elite’ Marty Scurll never ceases to entertain. His matches are always fantastic, and the sky is the limit for The Villain.

5. Kazuchika Okada (NJPW - IWGP Heavyweight Champion)
-The Rainmaker comes in at #5 on my list, but I wouldn’t be upset with anyone putting him #1 on theirs. Okada‘s amazing. His matches against Kenny Omega took the pro wrestling industry to an entirely new level. Incredible performer, incredible look, and incredibly charismatic.

4. The Miz (WWE SmackDown)
-When Miz first came into WWE I was one of his biggest detractors. I despised him. He was terrible in the ring and on the mic. Boy how my opinion has changed. He has worked his behind off to improve, and he has became one of the top performers in all of WWE. His in-ring work is solid, and nobody in WWE cuts a better promo. Miz should constantly be in the world title picture.

3. Tetsuya Naito (NJPW - IWGP Intercontinental Champion)
-The leader of Los Ingobernables de Japon is one of the top three competitors in all of New Japan at the moment. His upcoming match against Chris Jericho at Dominion is sure to get him deserved worldwide exposure. An argument could be made that Naito is the greatest wrestler on the planet right now.

2. AJ Styles (WWE SmackDown - WWE Heavyweight Champion)
-‘Phenomenal’ isn’t just a nickname for AJ Styles, it’s exactly what he has been his entire career and continues to be. Everywhere AJ has competed he’s been the best wrestler on the roster, and that’s true today as well.

1. Kenny Omega (NJPW)
-The Best Bout Machine. He’s the Michael Jordan of professional wrestling, meaning he makes everyone around him better. His recent matches against Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes were all instant classics and proved that he’s Mr. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️.

—————

There are a few wrestlers who I left off this list that I really wanted to include, but for whatever reason I thought someone else deserved it just a little bit more. Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman and Adam Page were all strong candidates.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Dick the bruiser.
The Sheik
Andre The Giant
Bruno Sammartino
Angelo Poffo
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper.
Ric Flair.
Jesse "The Body" Ventura.
Bret "The Hitman" Hart.
Hossein "The Iron Sheik" Vaziri
Randy Savage
The Ultimate Warrior
The Rock.

Sorry I did not see Current.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Dick the bruiser. -Dead
The Sheik -Dead
Andre The Giant -Dead
Bruno Sammartino -Dead
Angelo Poffo -Dead
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper -Dead
Ric Flair
Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
Hossein "The Iron Sheik" Vaziri
Randy Savage -Dead
The Ultimate Warrior -Dead
The Rock.

Not quite current. 😂

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Surprised to see Rollins not on the list. For me, he’s right there with AJ/ Omega.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
My list, in no specific order:

Omega
Rollins
Jericho
Nakamura
Velveteen Dream
Balor
Dalton Castle
AJ
Bray Wyatt
Adam Cole
Elias
Braun
Pentagon Dark

It wouldn’t be fair for me to put a lot of NJPW talent in there because I haven’t seen it enough. I know they’re really good there though.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Johnny Gargano is missing on the list. Not only excellent but makes you feel emotions with him. When he gets beat up you feel for him. When he's fired up you want him destroy his opponent. One of best storytellers in the ring right now

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Agreed RN. I’m looking forward to seeing Gargano and Daniel Bryan in bigger matches.