Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what did I buy here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I was flipping through E-bay and saw only seconds left on this sweet old card. I looked real quick and saw it said 1909-1912 era and quickly bid and won. But it isn't. It is a remake. But when I look into these cards it seems like a lot of people buy them and pay some cash for them. What the hack are these??????
https://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Helmar-192-John-Titus-Philadelphia-Phillies/113008285087?hash=item1a4fd1959f:g:0n0AAOSw-a1bBFY3&autorefresh=true

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sirraffles/m.html?item=113008285087&hash=item1a4fd1959f%3Ag%3A0n0AAOSw-a1bBFY3&autorefresh=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I now looked at a lot of the bids and almost all of them has a person with the name E***R (4347) bidding on them.......

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
They're fantasy art cards made by a company named Helmar.
I don't know the legality of them, but they're basically overpriced fancy Broders printed in shorter supply.

This is a recent, hand-made art card by HELMAR. If you are unfamiliar with Helmar, please read the full description. You may enjoy our blog, helmarblog.com; our Facebook page, The Helmar Baseball Art Card Company; or our website, Helmarbrewing.com.

The Helmar T206 series is one of our boldest and most important projects. Each card is the same size as the original American Tobacco 1909-1911 T206 cards, though the Helmar T206s are thicker and sturdier. Each Helmar T206 is made from an original, exclusive painting. Cuban stars, Babe Ruth with the Red Sox, ***** Leaguers, and Ty Cobb shaking hands with Honus Wagner are some of the most popular Helmar T206s.We also spend a huge amount of time creating evocative, humorous, interesting backs. In creating these cards, we have a deep appreciation for the unknown artists who brought the original T206s to life. Will Helmar T206s ever get to 514-520 cards, the (controversial) number of 1909-1911 T206s? We hope so.

Helmar cards are printed on paper stock consistent with the most treasured card sets of the late 19th century, and early 20th century. Our cards are hand-distressed and treated, to give them a worn, well-loved look and feel, and a fresh, unique scent. We’ve hit a homer if it seems as if you are holding a vintage card in your hands.

All the original art is painted by our team. You won’t find it anywhere else. Our graphic artists choose the perfect poses and colors. We spend almost as much time creating the backs of the cards as the fronts. For our cards that display player information on the backs, our writers strive to create descriptions that transport you to the time of the player’s career. Everything we do is a time-gobbling labor of baseball-card love.

Helmar cards are not available in full sets. We generally offer a few different cards from each series each week. Since each card is handmade, no two look exactly the same. It might be two months, or more, before you see a particular card again. We have vowed not to sell more than six of each card per year. Checklists are available on our website.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Not junk at all. Well-produced and high-quality with some beautiful designs. They legitimately look like prewar cards. I wish Topps would hire them to design their A+G/GQ sets. Those sets have gotten stale and boring.

https://www.helmarbrewing.com

Some more info can be found here

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Junk is in the eye of the beholder. Their cards are nicely done but if you are looking for something vintage, well you just got taken. I really wish their titles in the Ebay postings were more honest as to what these cards are.

yup

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Some people try to put the sets, teams, et. together. They always go higher than I would anticipate. I have bought a couple of Mantles.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
s-l1600.jpgI don't think any I have won are Helmar, but I have won a few of the Banty Red cards. As stated, they are very well done and high quality. Given the glut of turds out there that people are trying to call ACEO or custom, these are like 1991 Stadium Club compared to a broder made the same year.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I had never seen these before, but they look very nice. It seems like the company that is selling these puts a significant amount of work into them. Nice pickup, OP!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts