Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ohtani Needs TJ Surgery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
^agreed on that.

It’s sad that the first thing a lot of people think about when a guy gets injured is how it affects the value of their baseball cards. From an outsider’s perspective, it’s comical and frankly pathetic

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm not an Angels fan, but I thought Ohtani was good for baseball. I was enjoying following all of his highlights this year. I looked forward to seeing how many strikeouts he had in a game, or how many hits he had when he was batting.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Keep having pitchers throwing sliders. I feel bad for Ohtani and baseball fans. But I also think anyone who dumps big $$$$ on cards of pitchers are out of their minds. Guess they learned nothing from Stephen Strasburg, and he is back on the DL again.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Keep having pitchers throwing sliders. I feel bad for Ohtani and baseball fans. But I also think anyone who dumps big $$$$ on cards of pitchers are out of their minds. Guess they learned nothing from Stephen Strasburg, and he is back on the DL again.

I heard it’s actually the split finger that does it...

But then again I also heard he was just shut down for three weeks and then they’d evaluate again, so I don’t know where the definite TJ comes from, although we all know it will probably end up there ...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

I remember 2001 Mark Prior cover of Beckett all the hype, then poof!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Let's not jump the gun.

Ken Rosenthal [MENTION=11748]ken[/MENTION]_Rosenthal
#Angels GM Billy Eppler: “There have been no changes in Ohtani’s diagnosis and neither our physicians nor medical staff have recommended (Tommy John surgery) or said it’s likely.”

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Let's not jump the gun.

#Angels GM Billy Eppler: “There have been no changes in Ohtani’s diagnosis and neither our physicians nor medical staff have recommended (Tommy John surgery) or said it’s likely.”

I predict it will be four out of six pitchers (3 of 5 from your post about pitchers undergoing this junk science needed TJ).

Angels might as well pull the trigger - minimum he's out the rest of the season since noone in your list of 5 pitchers was back within 7 months and we don't have 7 months left this season and maximum pull it now on the TJ and he could be back by next year's ASB if all goes well.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Let's not jump the gun.

Well, our president did make a special guest appearance in this thread so I figured "fake news" would be uncovered sooner or later.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He needed injections in his elbow late last year and iirc had a major arm surgery a few years ago. In between that time he had ankle and knee injuries. Maybe just a bullpen pitcher in the future? Its hard to see where he goes from here since he already had a small workload this year in comparison to what we thought he would do.

It was said how much money he lost by not waiting a few years to come to MLB. Perhaps he knew how bad his arm feels and realized if he didn't come now he may not get a chance to fulfill that MLB dream.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Not good news for the future hobby products! He should be back next year.....Hopefully...the price on the hobby stuff and retail mega boxes will be taking a drive. Best regards, David

Members online