Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sportlots updating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I was looking for a few low end things this afternoon and I went to sportlots, I hadn't been there in a bit and I saw an interesting ad at the top. Sportlots is updating their shipping model to more closely resemble COMC. I watched the little video and it might not be exactly the same but it looks close and certainly a huge win for buyers on the site. If you like the site you may want to check it out. I'm going to visit my father in law but tonight I will certainly dig into it more. If anyone has used this so far please let us know. Also looks like a big win for Canadian collectors as it's just one box shipping over the boarder not several envelopes.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
Did my first order yesterday and basically you pay a reduced shipping cost to the actual seller and pay a second shipping fee that is similar to COMC as it will be a box filled with all the cards you purchased sent with tracking #. So hopefully no more lost or empty envelopes. I think it saved me $20 shipping cost vs paying each seller individually. Now we'll see how long it takes to receive my order as it does say to expect possibly up to 2 weeks as each seller has to send to "your box" and once all cards in order are received then they will ship.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is there a place where the shipping rates from the "box" to your home are given?

I know about the rates I set as a seller to ship to a buyer's box, but I don't see anywhere on the site where it lists what it will cost sportlots to ship the "box" so I don't know as a buyer if it's cheaper to buy from 2-3 indiv. sellers directly or pay probably one and a half or two times postage fees to have those 2-3 orders sent to a box and then on to the buyer.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
They've changed the order page and on the bottom right there is a calculator that allows you to get an estimate on what Sportlots will charge. In cases of small orders they say in the tutorial that it still may be cheaper to have the seller directly ship instead of doing the "box".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Those are good notes, I'm thinking I won't dive in until tomorrow at this point but I typically try to buy 20+ cards from a seller on sportslots since I use it for mostly commons so for me "box" should be a win

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Did my order today and I gotta say I love the new functionality. Using "loot" is easier at checkout, I can split and have some orders sent to "box" and some to my home. I like the new upgrades

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Yea I've added about 20 cards to my box so far and have to say I like it as well. Spending .25-.50 cents to ship cards to my box makes it more economical to buy lower end cards, great addition to the site.

Members online