Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SCG Is moving to a 10 point scale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I've only ever graded with BGS but SGC has a great reputation it seems. Those of you with more insight on SGC, what do you think of the changes and what do you think of their service?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I like the idea. Trying to improve the business and offer features noone else has while the competition is suffering from bad press and lead times where your graded card will be returned after you die.

JBust80

May 11, 2018
North Carolina
“Later this summer, SGC will also begin offering a ‘Grader Notes Option’ which will allow customers to review the notes made by its graders as they examined a card, which will help better explain the reasons why it received a certain grade.“

Fine idea.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I understand the need for a company to refresh and they certainly picked a good time to try to capitalize on their competitions misfortune. I wish they would keep the 1-100 type system. I like SGC for some of my vintage, I like the holder and I've always liked the 100 scale as a way to be a tad more precise. Maybe there isn't a huge need for it but I always liked that they did their own thing. I wouldn't say I'd pay a premium for their original version or anything else but I thought it was neat.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Seems regressive. BGS has basically a 19-point scale with the subtleties of the subgrades. PSA always had a 10-point scale then add .5s a few years ago, giving them a 19-point scale, I believe. SGC always had a 15-point scale that gets finer the higher up you go, which I always thought was a good idea but was not really intuitive (88 vs 92?), but now they want to go back to something the market has already said it doesn't want. I guess it's actually an 11-point scale, at 1-9, 9.5, 10, which does allow for more detailed grading at the top end. It's probably a good step, but still, what do they bring that BGS or PSA don't have, other than perhaps a better reputation?

Members online

Latest posts