Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The stuff you find on eBay daily.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This could be a never ending thread of craziness (or goodness) that people see/find online, but I just had to share 3 that I came across today that shocked me for various reasons, enough so that I had to share with someone who might see things in the same light as me.

1). Greg Morris has a loyal following, and this card does look sharp, but damn...$132.50 for a raw 72T Garvey!Garvey Raw 72T $100+ copy.png

2). I saw this and watched it, thinking I might go back and bid on it to cut out the leather signature portion to make a custom card or a display piece in flat form. I actually expected no bids, debating whether or not I'd want it for $4, because frankly eBay is filled with Steve Garvey gloves of better condition that never seem to sell. I have tried to sell a few myself and never do well. This one doesn't even have the webbing. I went back to place a bid and saw it at $7 plus s/h. I have tried to sell functional gloves for less and failed! Someone is hot to trot for it. Can you even replace that part of a glove if it is missing?Glove.png

3). This is an often discussed topic, but I just have to ask once more, rhetorically mostly. Since this one is just an ask price and not a sale, it is almost meaningless to discuss it, but who is going to pay $60 (down from $150!) or offer anything close to it for card like this? Maybe a set builder will? Maybe there is a Fulmer super fan that must have it, but I think despite the popularity of the issue, the player had a nothing career (I went back and looked after typing this and he actually did have one pretty decent season, in 2000) and the card probably isn't worth more than a buck or two to most buyers. I guess it can't hurt to try, but it does get old looking at the same old over priced listings that pop up in searches weeks, months and years later. because someone is looking for that 1 in a million buyer. Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 4.26.31 PM.png

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Gloves without the web look weird. Neat idea about cutting out the sig. Could be a nice project.

Purple 98 Crusades are definitely worth something. I don't know about $60 for Fulmer, but it's not just a buck card.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That is the funny part, so many sets have cards numbered to less than 100 copies that you'd struggle to get even a buck for one. I know the set is popular and it is a nice looking card design, but how long do people hold on to something because the rest of the set (i.e better, more collected players) is popular? I have the same issue with washed up minor leaguers and their low numbered autographs. Sure, it may be a Low serial #'d card, but a guy who never broke into MLB on a card numbered to 25 copies should not be worth much more than the same basic card. So many of these types of cards sitting for years at the same asking prices. It's a shame, because someone might give them a good home otherwise.

Gloves without the web look weird. Neat idea about cutting out the sig. Could be a nice project.

Purple 98 Crusades are definitely worth something. I don't know about $60 for Fulmer, but it's not just a buck card.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I thought I had 3 or so of the purple Fulmers (just looked...I have only one, #002/100) which is a shame. I would be striking the $450 goldmine!! :confused:

Members online

Latest posts