Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

++++++ FCB Daily Morning Thread for Sunday June 24th ++++++

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good morning! Ken Retzer, who played for the Senators 1961-64 called me last night and talked for about 15 minutes. He had stated on an autograph request that he would like to call me, so I sent my phone number to him.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
half way thru season = 12 more set ups and sales down except for some bats I bought . Had a jerk of a parent last night --- talking about $1.00 cards kids wanted .

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Morning everyone

Good morning! Ken Retzer, who played for the Senators 1961-64 called me last night and talked for about 15 minutes. He had stated on an autograph request that he would like to call me, so I sent my phone number to him.

That's kinda crazy, what was that conversation like!?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Morning everyone

That's kinda crazy, what was that conversation like!?
He wanted to know about my favorite team. I told him that it was the Yankees and that I saw him play in the very first major league ball game I attended in August of 1962. He said he didn't remember specific games. He said that Mantle was a heavy drinker and that he took Mantle and Maris out one night in DC and they were out until 3am, with a 1 PM game later that day. Neither of the Yankees could remember which hotel they were staying in due to their alcohol levels. He said that both of them hit home runs later that day!!! He asked what jobs I had and then told me some about jobs he had after baseball. He said he is 84 and likes to talk to fans. He said he might call again sometime!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
He wanted to know about my favorite team. I told him that it was the Yankees and that I saw him play in the very first major league ball game I attended in August of 1962. He said he didn't remember specific games. He said that Mantle was a heavy drinker and that he took Mantle and Maris out one night in DC and they were out until 3am, with a 1 PM game later that day. Neither of the Yankees could remember which hotel they were staying in due to their alcohol levels. He said that both of them hit home runs later that day!!! He asked what jobs I had and then told me some about jobs he had after baseball. He said he is 84 and likes to talk to fans. He said he might call again sometime!

That is awesome, what a cool story and sounds like a great guy

Members online