Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you bid on or win this STEVE GARVEY auction by chance? I miss the days when you could see.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wondering if a member here won this auction and if so, do they know exactly what they just bought? I don't recognize the feedback count/characters eBay uses to hide the true identity of bidders now, as it doesn't appear to be a typical Steve Garvey bidder I am used to seeing on better items that come to auction. I'm just curious to know who won (as well as who the 2 underbidders were), as I'm impressed that 3 bidders were $200+ on this item and I don't recognize any of them.

I was extremely shocked at the final auction price though. When I first saw it, I was very excited that something unknown had come along, but after digging a little deeper and revisiting something I already owned, I figured out exactly what it was and where it comes from. I was preparing a blog entry for it, but was waiting for the listing to end, since I can't find squat on the item online otherwise.

I'll link to my blog entry once it is complete and posted, if anyone cares to read further.

Attachments

• Garvey Mattel Sticker Auction.png
    Garvey Mattel Sticker Auction.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 65

cobra10svt

Feb 3, 2018
I opened a blaster of 2016 Archives and pulled an SP on card auto. I was surprised to see he was an SP in that product. It’s a cool card though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not sure how SP they were, as I have seen them for around $10-15 a few times in the recent past, but remember it was a tough buy right out of the gate. People were getting $25-30 and more for them consistently. The prices dropped hard though. I would have preferred a better (action) pose and a AS banner, like his regular 79T. I have seen the base card get some crazy money too. Perhaps that was a SP too?

cobra10svt

Feb 3, 2018
Yea, I saw it selling consistently $35-$40 at release. I liked it so I kept it. Probably $10-maybe $20 now. It was a Father’s Day box so I still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I have a Dodgers lineup card signed by Walter Alston from Garvey’s rookie season if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts