Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you bid on or win this STEVE GARVEY auction by chance? I miss the days when you could see.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Wondering if a member here won this auction and if so, do they know exactly what they just bought? I don't recognize the feedback count/characters eBay uses to hide the true identity of bidders now, as it doesn't appear to be a typical Steve Garvey bidder I am used to seeing on better items that come to auction. I'm just curious to know who won (as well as who the 2 underbidders were), as I'm impressed that 3 bidders were $200+ on this item and I don't recognize any of them.

I was extremely shocked at the final auction price though. When I first saw it, I was very excited that something unknown had come along, but after digging a little deeper and revisiting something I already owned, I figured out exactly what it was and where it comes from. I was preparing a blog entry for it, but was waiting for the listing to end, since I can't find squat on the item online otherwise.

I'll link to my blog entry once it is complete and posted, if anyone cares to read further.

Attachments

• Garvey Mattel Sticker Auction.png
    Garvey Mattel Sticker Auction.png
    425.7 KB · Views: 65

cobra10svt

Feb 3, 2018
I opened a blaster of 2016 Archives and pulled an SP on card auto. I was surprised to see he was an SP in that product. It’s a cool card though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not sure how SP they were, as I have seen them for around $10-15 a few times in the recent past, but remember it was a tough buy right out of the gate. People were getting $25-30 and more for them consistently. The prices dropped hard though. I would have preferred a better (action) pose and a AS banner, like his regular 79T. I have seen the base card get some crazy money too. Perhaps that was a SP too?

cobra10svt

Feb 3, 2018
Yea, I saw it selling consistently $35-$40 at release. I liked it so I kept it. Probably $10-maybe $20 now. It was a Father’s Day box so I still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I have a Dodgers lineup card signed by Walter Alston from Garvey’s rookie season if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts