Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NiGhT cReW ~ jUlY 2018 - fCb BbQ eDiTiOn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
(Copied & Pasted from my FaceBook)

The firing of Mike Matheny was long overdue.

When Matheny took over for Tony LaRussa in 2012 he inherited a very good baseball team. A team that had just won the World Series, and would return to the Fall Classic in 2013 under Matheny. For a few years it looked like Matheny had the capability of becoming the next great Cardinals manager, if he were to grow and learn from his mistakes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for years, because he had never even been a coach on any level, then was thrust into being the manager of one of the most storied franchises in Major League Baseball. It took me until around 2016 to realize Mike had no idea what he was doing. He never seemed to LEARN from any of the mistakes he was making over and over and over and over again, or heaven forbid actually CHANGE the way he was doing things to try to grow and develop as a manager. Mike Matheny seemed pretty set in his ways from the very beginning, and he wasn’t going to change the way he did anything. I was very excited going into this season with Jose Oquendo returning to coach third base, and Mike Maddux taking over as the pitching coach. I honestly believed the two of them would help Matheny tremendously IF, and that was a HUGE ‘if’, if he would delegate some of his seemingly sole responsibility to the two of them. I thought Matheny and Maddux could have had a LaRussa/Duncan relationship for many years. I also believed the hiring of Maddux and Oquendo would light a fire under Matheny’s backside to do such things because if he didn’t there were two extremely viable candidates for to replace him sitting right next to him on the bench every night.

Mike Matheny must be a very stubborn man, because nothing changed. It even seemed to get worse. So bad they had to fire him.

I’m not sad Mike Matheny lost his job, he deserved to be fired a long time ago.

I am sad how far the mighty Cardinals have fallen though. The Cardinals aren’t a franchise that does this type of thing mid-season.

Mabry and Meuller definitely had to go as well.

And now I sincerely hope that interim manager Mike Shildt can salvage a respectable season for the Cardinals, and climb out of the hole Matheny dug them into.

The following is a diatribe for another day, but the next person I want to see get fired is John Mozeliak. He created this mess. Sucka’s gosta GO!

#STLCards #Cardinals #MikeMatheny

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey, what is up guys. I don't have anything relevant or witty to add this evening, not like I ever do. Just wanted to check in since it's been a while. I had a long day working in the hot sun, then bs'ing and drinking with friends until the late evening. Got some nice pickups for my PC recently, including an auto card from 2002 numbered to 12 for the low low price of $26.00. Good times all around.

Looking forward to the world cup final tomorrow even though it's on too damn early. I am fully on board the TEAM CROATIA bandwagon. Down the road I would just love to look over the list of world cup winners and see something like this: Germany, Italy, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Brazil, CROATIA! Git 'er done!!!!!!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Evening dolts. Just got in from the beach today. Went down and goofed off for a bit. Nice weather too. Lots of hot chicks on the beach. Had to be careful the wife didn't catch me looking. I kid I kid. She was the one pointing them out so I was off the hook. I figured something big went down. Kept getting notifications about posts in this thread. Seems like a good thing that Matheny got crapcanned. Now Sam can sleep again. Nice to hear you got some good pickups Mr. banjar! Its always nice to get some decent new adds to the PC.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Congrats on the pickup....

I've never watched soccer, just too boring for me. . . and I've watched 7 hour chess games and 4 hours of golf. :cool:
but hopefully your team wins.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Lots of hot chicks on the beach. Had to be careful the wife didn't catch me looking. I kid I kid. She was the one pointing them out so I was off the hook.

I think the trick is to immediately point and say "can you believe that? she looks like a total ****. disgusting" :lol:
then you say "she might even have gross implants, I'm moving in for a closer look"

Works 2% of the time, everytime. :cool:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Now, that's a signature worthy comment right there! lol

Well, based on the movie Thor: Ragnarok he's into human (and alien) trafficking & carries a cattle prod to herd his "livestock" so I wouldn't be surprised if he got jiggy like that, although in the comics Grandmaster actually is blue. He's one of the oldest living beings in the universe and he uses the universe like a chess board, pitting intelligent life forms against each other like a game of chess. He's a cosmic game player. I remember you saying that you don't follow the Marvel movies, just the cartoons but he's pretty f**king hilarious in the movie, in fact all the best scenes in the movie involve him.

The movies really screw that character over. He’s a bad ass and they made him lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Make them tires Sammy. How goes it everyone? I actually got to watch the futures game for the first time ever today. It was nice to just sit back and relax and watch all the prospectors clamor to see what they have in their stashes when someone got a big hit. Good game. Lots of offensive firepower. I'm excited for the homerun derby tomorrow night.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don’t really care about the Derby this year. Nobody participating that I care about.

And you know, Chris Berman’s idiocy.

Hate it, and the new rules made it worse. Another big flop by MLB.
oh. . . and Chris Berman is AIDS. let that be in the next newsletter.

Chris Berman is total pooAIDS.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I ended up watching the new Saw movie btw...

It wasn't a real Saw movie IMO (no torture prono) but it was a good detective movie with some solid twists. It didn't need to be connected to the Saw franchise to work.

Members online