Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NiGhT cReW ~ jUlY 2018 - fCb BbQ eDiTiOn...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So I see Topps has exclusive rights to 2025 now. :-? If anyone wants to prospect anything it should be unopened boxes of old UD... people are going to want to open good sht eventually.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
D2R drugz story is now world famous!!! ....but was AIDS in the post anywhere? :p

Hope I don't lose my job cuz this might make finding a new one a little tougher now!

I should have never used my real name when posting on websites! Well, my full name's actually Death Tow Redemption but it's not that difficult to connect the two. I mean seriously, who names their child with a number in it? That's just silly...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So I see Topps has exclusive rights to 2025 now. :-? If anyone wants to prospect anything it should be unopened boxes of old UD... people are going to want to open good sht eventually.

For f**k sake! I was really hoping the other companies were gonna get a piece of the pie when Topps previous contract came to an end. I loved Upper Deck baseball cards & Panini made some good $hit too.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I will never buy from Topps again. They will kill the whole hobby. Its going to get too boring to player collect, and nobody will set collect because who on earth set collects Topps products. Eventually the prospector craze will die down too due to what you said in the other thread. Not much will be left!!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I don't think the exclusivity will kill the hobby but I certainly don't think it's good for it. When prospecting slows down/dies out something else will take it's place. Alot of the sets do grow stale year after year but there are plenty of team collectors, HOF collectors, etc...to keep things going. I will always anticipate the set or two that Wakefield ends up in each year, but for guys who player collect bigger named I could definitely see it getting a tad boring.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't think the exclusivity will kill the hobby but I certainly don't think it's good for it. When prospecting slows down/dies out something else will take it's place. Alot of the sets do grow stale year after year but there are plenty of team collectors, HOF collectors, etc...to keep things going. I will always anticipate the set or two that Wakefield ends up in each year, but for guys who player collect bigger named I could definitely see it getting a tad boring.

I will be the guy at the corner holding "The End Is Near!!!!" sign. :lol:

Well the hobby will still be around but I think its about to get a lot more casual. . . aka in March when the first base Topps set comes out people at a Walmart will go "oh cool, baseball season is almost here" and put a single pack in their cart while waiting in line.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
guess I'm a player collector again. BUT not picking up everything. just certain sets so far. picked up the haniger foil board stadium club variation /25. to go along with the base/black foil/red foil/sepia/members choice and photographers proof. also have his 2017 topps and chrome rainbows being worked on

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Always blame Beckett.

Yes, and I always blame them for spreading their AIDS too. ;)

..but you're absolutely right, MLB has made a lot of stupid choices lately that go overlooked. Exclusive baseball card rights, 1 game playoffs, bad challenge system, AL and NL still playing different game, ASG not an exhibition, bad HR derby change, catching collision change, etc.

There was a time before internet where it took a lot of money and effort to create polls to find out what your customer wants. These days it should be really easy to see they cut out an overwhelmingly popular brand. I guess they just didn't care.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
guess I'm a player collector again. BUT not picking up everything. just certain sets so far. picked up the haniger foil board stadium club variation /25. to go along with the base/black foil/red foil/sepia/members choice and photographers proof. also have his 2017 topps and chrome rainbows being worked on

Prices should only go higher for him in upcoming years as he slowly becomes the face of the franchise.... buy buy buy!!!! :)