Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is a good album for plastic sheets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I've tried just getting mine from Target and just can't get a good quality one. The rings never seem to line up perfectly and pages catch.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I’ve liked the ones I’ve bought from Target (because they sell great colors) as long as I’ve ponied up for the super heavy duty or whatever’s the most expensive ones are

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Jun 28, 2018
Oakland, CA
I've tried just getting mine from Target and just can't get a good quality one. The rings never seem to line up perfectly and pages catch.

I literally have the same problem. The 3 inch I bought from there is junk. What’s the point if the rings separate?

I read somewhere bcw is more durable than ultra pro, so I just picked some up to move my sheets over.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
On the rare occasion I use binders, I use Unikeep plastic clamshells. They stack well, keep dust out, and the rings are molded directly into the back lid, meaning zero chance at pinching.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
On the rare occasion I use binders, I use Unikeep plastic clamshells. They stack well, keep dust out, and the rings are molded directly into the back lid, meaning zero chance at pinching.

The biggest I'm finding on Amazon is 1.5 inch, does that sound right? I kinda like big albums :)

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The biggest I'm finding on Amazon is 1.5 inch, does that sound right? I kinda like big albums :)

Unfortunately yes, I don't use them for larger sets, but I know some folks will break sets up, by series when applicable, and use multiple binders; that's personally not my style though. They're great for smaller issues though; I do '90s insert sets and Star Card sets in them.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It will cost a bit more than a regular binder but Bindertek has some real good quality stuff. They also sell the slip covers separately so you can lay them down and stack them if you want.
I've bought from them several times and have always gotten great stuff. Unless pricing has changed I think the last order I had was two 3" binders and the covers came to about $50 with shipping. Like I said not cheap, but they are nice. They also will send coupons/specials fairly frequently after your first order.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I went to Target and felt up their binders. You can rub your finger over each of the three rings and get an idea if the rings are going to catch the sheets. Very rarely did any binder have a smooth connection for all three rings. I bought one 3-inch binder, but it wasn't perfect. I'll have to see how it does. That's the thing with any of there where you can't see the binder first. Maybe I'll check in at my LCS.