Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is the Sportlots box shipment some kind of joke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I already paid to have around 50 cards shipped to my "box", now on top of that, Sportlots is trying to charge me almost $10 to ship those same 50 cards to me? How on earth would it cost $10 to ship 50 cards. I thought this was an attempt to save people money, not cost them more than it would have been in the first place. WTF. Don't use that awful "service".

Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
How much would it have cost to have those 50 shipped straight to you in the first place from those different sellers?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's odd. I bought from a couple different sellers awhile back, had some sent to me and some sent to my box. I've got 52 cards in my box and if I want them shipping would be $4.69, which seems a tad high to me but certainly better than $10.
I'm not sure I like the box as much as I thought I would but from what I've encountered it's better than paying shipping from all those sellers if I'm buying 20ish cards a whack. If it's a lower number the direct shipment seems to still be a cheaper option because of the two shipping costs.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
It's not a great flat rate price like COMC, but it's nothing like the model ran by COMC and is a much smaller operation. In the end, I have some cards in my port that are around $4.69 to ship, but I saved roughly $37 in individual shipments, so it's still a better deal.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
From a seller's perspective, I like it a lot so far. I've seen a large increase in sales, and it saves me a lot of bubble mailers and other supplies.

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
There is a way to get an estimate on how much shipping from your box should be. When I clicked on the calculator it estimated the cost to be approximately $5. This was to ship 84 cards. Now when I check it to see if all the sellers have sent to the box and I can have it shipped it is telling me that it's going to be $10. Not so sure now that I really saved on shipping using the box service.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Members online