Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to do about a missing package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
First of all, I must say I have been extremely lucky with the USPS through the years and with sellers in general. Just a very few, small problems here and there.

Right now I have a missing card from an ebay purchase that went out for delivery on july 2, and was not delivered and the tracking ended there. It is a $8 card, not a huge one, but still want the card or the money to buy another. Do I file a claim on ebay even though it is not the seller fault? Would be my first time.

Thank you

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I have had a few out for delivery or marked deliverd i never recieved. The po by me even told me they deliverd it to the wrong house and left notes saying give the package back. Was sol on most some eventualy showed up. If you want your money file a claim with ebay.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Right now I have a missing card from an ebay purchase that went out for delivery on july 2, and was not delivered and the tracking ended there.

I'm not sure USPS marks things as "out for delivery". USPS tracking goes to my USPS local station and then doesn't get updated until the carrier marks it as delivered by actually delivering the item or in rare cases, marking it as delivered with its physical delivery coming the next day. UPS is the only one that marks my things as "out for delivery" when they scan the package being placed in my delivery driver's truck.

I can only hope your package is lost in the USPS facility that your carrier works out of, rather than it being stolen without someone covering their tracks with a delivery scan.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not sure USPS marks things as "out for delivery". USPS tracking goes to my USPS local station and then doesn't get updated until the carrier marks it as delivered by actually delivering the item or in rare cases, marking it as delivered with its physical delivery coming the next day. UPS is the only one that marks my things as "out for delivery" when they scan the package being placed in my delivery driver's truck.

I can only hope your package is lost in the USPS facility that your carrier works out of, rather than it being stolen without someone covering their tracks with a delivery scan.

USPS does mark things "out for delivery". Have a package out for delivery as we speak.

Hope your card shows up OP.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
We have what is called a PASS machine. It scans each parcel and tells what route it goes to. Once all parcels are done there is a Distribution Up Scan (DUT) that the clerks scan. This marks the parcels as OUT FOR DELIVERY.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I've got a $32 card that was mailed the 4th of June and has sat "in transit" since June 8th.
I refunded my buyer and your seller should refund you as well. Phone calls, trips to the p.o. as well as filling out a form on the usps website for lost mail hasn't help at all unfortunately.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk