Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Went and saw the PSA 10 Mantle card today. Lots of pics of his other cool items!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Fogel has some really nice memorabilia in his collection, very much a lifetime labor of love. Some very cool items including the program from Jackie Robinson's MLB debut, an unopened box of 1954 Bowman, the shovel used to break ground for Coors Field, and a FTD floral order from Joe Dimaggio for Marilyn Monroe. On the way home stopped by Bill's and bought 2 boxes of 2018 Stadium Club. Scored a Walker Buehler Photographer's Proof RC and a Red Gleyber Torres autograph RC #04/50!

TbKcJy5l.jpg
cJ9z5RWl.jpg

c77vYEzl.jpg
DHaL8VSl.jpg

h8J3bYll.jpg
0wR2JqSl.jpg

aXc6T0Kl.jpg
p9vQxTLl.jpg

Qp2YLJOl.jpg
zWf5ncfl.jpg

bjOLkKjl.jpg
7vWNvRcl.jpg

NAWB8JBl.jpg
1ELqi9cl.jpg

Y00L8BFl.jpg
PblS8aol.jpg

PrCrsp6l.jpg
7QlYkE5l.jpg

HosdtgNl.jpg
S3bH5x9l.jpg

b7bUQh7l.jpg
lidcsdwl.jpg

cUpnXell.jpg
4RPAHwkl.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I was down in Denver Saturday, but of course the Mantle wasn't out until a few days later. If I would have known they had this collection displayed, I would have told my wife to hurry up while she was shopping so I could go see it before we went to the Rockies game Saturday.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think I read where he was a partner (or maybe owner) of his own successful law firm. I imagine most of us are amateurs in comparison, with only a minimal budget to spend. If a serious collector who had the means put his mind to it, the collection that would be put together would be epic. I know there are some high profile collectors who have essentially a limitless funding source. This guy may not be in that category, but he obviously has the money to spend on choice pieces. Even for $120K at the time, knowing what we know now, he still had serious money to spend. Yes, I may be a tad jealous!!

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Great stuff, thanks for posting!

What was the shovel, brick and ball from? Coors ceremony?

That was the shovel used to break ground on Coors Field. The brick was the first laid commemorative brick. I guess they laid it then pulled it back up.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I was down in Denver Saturday, but of course the Mantle wasn't out until a few days later. If I would have known they had this collection displayed, I would have told my wife to hurry up while she was shopping so I could go see it before we went to the Rockies game Saturday.

I'm pretty sure the exhibit is only for 3 days - July 16th - 18th. Glad I had the day off from my day job.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm pretty sure the exhibit is only for 3 days - July 16th - 18th. Glad I had the day off from my day job.

I thought I had read only the 1952 Mantle was for three days, the rest was going to be displayed for the whole baseball season. Not that I really need to go see it all since I made my first ever trip to Cooperstown this summer already

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good stuff. Thanks for posting those pictures. I can't get down to Denver today, so it's nice to see some of the stuff from that collection!

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Funny, I just read an article on espn.com about this display. http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...rail-mickey-mantle-card-goes-display-colorado

In the article it says:
"Fogel's card is a gem mint PSA 10, one of only three '52 Mantle cards in existence with this rating. Of the three, Fogel's card is the only "perfect 10," what's known in the collecting world as an A-plus. The other two are As."

What does this mean when talking about PSA? I know they often use qualifiers, but is there such a grade as a "perfect ten"? The only thing I can think of is that maybe it's the equivalent of Beckett's pristine 10 grade, in which all the sub grades are tens. But is there a way to find out PSA sub grades?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts