Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 UD Authentics Reversed Negative Errors? SPs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 14, 2009
After 16 years, I’ve finally landed a copy of the Fullmer (card #1). This is the first copy I’ve ever seen actually, not even a picture. I had begun to wonder if some were short printed.

Questions for player collectors: do you have your guy? If so, was it hard to find? Do you have multiples or know of multiple copies?

Not only was this a huge PC find for me, it appears to possibly be an error as well. Whether or not it was corrected remains to be seen. My copy is missing the orange-to-green stripe on the right side border that all cards have. Photo is visible in area that should be covered by this design.

Does anyone have a copy with this same variation?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Had it since 2002. Haven't really looked for another, see them once in a blue moon. Not impossible to find - but an issue many didn't recognize out of the box as an SP, since not marked.

02UDAUTHENTICS.jpg
02UDAUTHENTICSREVERSE.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Not only was this a huge PC find for me, it appears to possibly be an error as well. Whether or not it was corrected remains to be seen. My copy is missing the orange-to-green stripe on the right side border that all cards have. Photo is visible in area that should be covered by this design.

Can you share a pic/scan of this? Haven't seen any missing the border.

Jan 14, 2009
Can you share a pic/scan of this? Haven't seen any missing the border.

Id be happy to but can’t figure how to from the mobile site.

I've had this card in my PC forever. Didn't know they were that rare.

They may not be. It was an expensive product if I recall, with less than the standard 24/36 packs in a box.

I think there are a few scenarios:

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error.

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error and they were pulled from production.

Others exist with this error.

Others exist with this error and they were pulled from production.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Id be happy to but can’t figure how to from the mobile site.

They may not be. It was an expensive product if I recall, with less than the standard 24/36 packs in a box.

I think there are a few scenarios:

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error.

Fullmer May have been the only card with this error and they were pulled from production.

Others exist with this error.

Others exist with this error and they were pulled from production.

It was an expensive box at the time because it came with 3 jersey cards per 18-pack box. Not many products had 3 jersey cards in them back then. The reverse negatives were 1:9 packs, so two per box. But since every one of the 200 base cards had a reverse negative version, finding a specific player was pretty tough.

I wonder if Fullmer being card #1 had anything to do with error. Haven't seen anything about it online.

Jan 14, 2009
I wonder if Fullmer being card #1 had anything to do with error. Haven't seen anything about it online.

I’m thinking the same thing. It’s always been odd to me that I’ve never been able to find one before (store I worked at the time broke a ton of this via pack wars). When I finally do, it has this error. Every example of any player I can find online does not have the issue.

Still wondering if anyone else has had difficulty finding their player or if any other players could possibly be short printed. I’d guess if any others are, they may also be affected by this error.

Members online