Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some sellers on eBay absolutely drive me crazy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
So a seller has three cards for sale with best offer that I'm interested in with no mention of condition whatsoever -as it seems so many sellers do these days. A Lindor, Baez, and a Verlander(which my questions and responses all stem from)
All three photos look like they were shot from the Moon and they're all in scratched up holders.
So I asked him the following question on all of them individually and the following are our exchanges again, via the Verlander:

Hello, can you plmk if there are any surface scratches or corner issues with this card? Tough to see it real good from a small scan. I appreciate it, thanks!

His response:

You can enlarge scan. Check it out.
Tks for looking

So I send another question:

I enlarged it is as much as I could but you can't I can't get a good enough look that way. Does it have any surface scratches or corner issues at all? Thanks again!

His response:

Card looks good.

My response:

Okay I asked you about the Baez and the Lindor as well. And having them all scanned in scratched-up holders makes it even harder to get a good look, so that's why I'm asking.
Are there any imperfections on any of the three cards I've inquired about? I just need to know the condition before I make offers. Thanks again

Aaaaaand his response was:

It is the holders

🤬...Seems like I've been running into some of THEE STUPIDEST sellers lately...I mean it's like pulling teeth!!
Does anybody know if they still teach basic learning and comprehension skills in schools anymore?!?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Just to play devils advocate, maybe he didn’t want to promise anything about condition on the chance you’d get it, say it wasn’t what he promised and demand a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Michael.petkus

Jan 30, 2016
I’ve had similar experiences. I think the frustration stems from my unrealistic expectation that I am buying from someone like me...an adult, professional, responsible. In reality it’s probably a 13 year old kid trying to make a quick buck, with minimal social skills (or sentence structure abilities) beyond playing Fortnite with on-line tweens at 2:00 am.

Good luck.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
What a lazy seller. The moment someone asks about the condition of my card, I'll take the card out of top loader inspect the card myself for any imperfections, let them know if there are any and then provide a scan of card outside the top loader. However I always make sure to inform them that I'm not a professional grader so can't give an exact grade of condition.

I learned my lesson a loooooooong time ago not to provide any specific condition or grade in my listings. These days I just use the default "All my cards are in NRMT or better condition unless otherwise noted" in all my listings but if they want to know anything further or specific about the card they can feel free to ask.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
What a lazy seller. The moment someone asks about the condition of my card, I'll take the card out of top loader inspect the card myself for any imperfections, let them know if there are any and then provide a scan of card outside the top loader. However I always make sure to inform them that I'm not a professional grader so can't give an exact grade of condition.

I learned my lesson a loooooooong time ago not to provide any specific condition or grade in my listings. These days I just use the default "All my cards are in NRMT or better condition unless otherwise noted" in all my listings but if they want to know anything further or specific about the card they can feel free to ask.

Well yeah, I mean, if you want to actually make a sale...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You think certain dealers where bad back in the day of card shops and shows, but now any Joe can be a "dealer" online and there are way too many complete _______ (you fill in the blank) selling out there who probably would be dead if breathing wasn't a natural function. It is too bad because sometimes the seller loses, but often the buyers lose too. Sellers who don't list things properly, missing key facts or not disclosing a certain player in included in a lot or a variety of other ways to completely both a listing and not get what they should for it, by keeping buyers in the dark about it.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
That pisses me off like crazy. A seller wants my $ right? I just wanna know if the cards im buying are in good shape, thats all. Never do I mention "mint, or gem mint". I just ask if there's any flaws or whatever. A clear pic, in a scratch free case, usually helps a ton

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Many sellers, myself included, when receiving questions about condition immediately think to the worse. I completely expect a chargeback after I get these questions because the card may have some tiny flaw that I didn't see.

COndition junkies scare me away from sales.

Members online

Latest posts