Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brendan Rodgers Promoted to AAA Albuquerque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
By Michael Avallone / MiLB.com | July 29, 2018 9:05 PM

Thirteen months and one week after joining Double-A Hartford, Brendan Rodgers is moving to a higher level, and this time, he's one step away from the Majors.

MiLB.com has learned the top Rockies prospect is headed from New England to the Southwest. A Rockies official confirmed that Rodgers will play his next game for Triple-A Albuquerque after going 0-for-3 with a walk in his final game for Double-A Hartford on Sunday afternoon.

The 21-year-old batted .275/.342/.493 with 42 extra-base hits and 62 RBIs in 95 games for the Yard Goats. He hit safely in 10 of his last 12 contests and finished his Eastern League tenure with a .270/.336/.469 slash line, 23 homers and 69 RBIs in 133 games.

The native of Winter Park, Florida, hit the ground running in his Minor League career. MLB.com's No. 6 overall prospect batted .278/.341/.465 with 22 homers, 99 runs scored and 93 RBIs in 147 games between Rookie-level Grand Junction and Class A Asheville in his first two seasons. He burst on the scene as one of baseball's best young talents last year, hitting .387/.407/.671 with 12 roundtrippers and 47 RBIs in 51 games with Class A Advanced Lancaster before earning a promotion to Hartford on June 22, 2017.

Rodgers has been a midseason All-Star for three straight seasons and represented the U.S. in All-Star Futures Game in 2017 and 2018.

Colorado selected Rodgers third overall in the 2015 First-Year Player Draft out of Lake Mary High School, behind fellow shortstops and current Major Leaguers Dansby Swanson and Alex Bregman.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I would imagine his Triple-A debut won't be until August 1st in Albuquerque as the Isotopes are playing the final game of a series/roadtrip in Colorado Springs Monday evening and are off Tuesday. Lineups should be posted momentarily to see if he made it to Colorado Springs or was told to relax until Wednesday. Peter Lambert is scheduled to be on the mound Wednesday making his fifth Triple-A start\ so Rodgers gets to reunite with Lambert and Ryan Metzler as some recent teammates that got promoted before him.

EDIT: now it makes sense why Josh Fuentes was at 1B recently - freeing up 3B for Rodgers.

Considering it takes most of a day to travel from Hartford to Albuquerque, add a half-day if he were go to Colorado Springs because you have to travel there by mule. ;) Well, travel to easy accessible Denver and drive south for about an hour.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Metzler sent back to Hartford, Rodgers officially activated. Looking good for Rodgers' Triple-A debut on Wednesday evening on milb.tv against Round Rock. Peter Lambert still the scheduled starter for Albuquerque.

I'll definitely agree a lot of people have money riding on the kid. His stuff was well over my budget that I TTM'ed him last year and got my card back signed so I'm good for having at least one Rodgers auto in my PC.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I pulled a chrome prospects refractor /499 and an orange shimmer (I think it's shimmer) refractor /25 of Rodgers from a bunch of Bowman I opened a couple of months ago. Hopefully he pans out!

Members online