Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Old social media posts resurfacing.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
How do you think teams should handle situations like have happened with Josh Hader, Trea Turner and Sean Newcomb?

My first thought when the Josh Hader situation surfaced was mistakenly assuming talent agencies would go through all their clients social media accounts either before signing them to see if they’re someone worthy of representing, or after signing them to remove negative posts to try and prevent something like this from happening.

Do you think that will become something that happens in the future for signees?

How should clubs handle situations like this? Do nothing because ‘they were stupid kids’ or make them go through the facade of sensitivity training?

This is going to continue happening, it’ll be interesting to see how clubs handle it. I know the Brewers organization has taken a ton of criticism for their backing of Josh Hader.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
How do you think teams should handle situations like have happened with Josh Hader, Trea Turner and Sean Newcomb?

My first thought when the Josh Hader situation surfaced was mistakenly assuming talent agencies would go through all their clients social media accounts either before signing them to see if they’re someone worthy of representing, or after signing them to remove negative posts to try and prevent something like this from happening.

Do you think that will become something that happens in the future for signees?

How should clubs handle situations like this? Do nothing because ‘they were stupid kids’ or make them go through the facade of sensitivity training?

This is going to continue happening, it’ll be interesting to see how clubs handle it. I know the Brewers organization has taken a ton of criticism for their backing of Josh Hader.

Here's the problem with today's world: everyone thinks they're a moral crusader who's never done or said an insensitive thing in their entire lives. Do we slip up and sometimes act immaturely? No question about it. Teams should simply force the player to make a mea culpa and let's move on with our lives. Unless of course the player says something totally indefensible, but there's no need for me to provide examples. It then becomes a matter of perspective because where does one draw that fine line in the sand. There's no good outcome when these incidents come to light. You're never going to please everyone so there will always be controversy.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
They should do very little. Issue some hollow statement, then not mention it. Nothing stays in the news for more than 48 or 72 hours anymore. Hader tweeted out "I hate gay people" and guess what? No one is talking about it anymore, it's over. He pitched in SAN FRANCISCO of all places and there were a few boos. People care about very little for very long.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I just can’t fathom how this happened more than once. Good lord, how has everyone not scrubbed their posts at this point? Kinda asking for it if they haven’t

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I just can’t fathom how this happened more than once. Good lord, how has everyone not scrubbed their posts at this point? Kinda asking for it if they haven’t

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
I think it's better for the players not to delete them. Soon people will hit "old tweet fatigue" Hader, Tuner and Newcomb will just have been the first few. No one will care and it'll stop getting reported soon enough..IMO

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Some people have way to much time on their hands to sift through years and years of other peoples posts to hopefully unearth this stuff when they become famous.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I hate diet soda!!! Now when I become a billionaire, someone can go back to this post and say I used the word HATE, that is a very STRONG word for a billionaire to be using on social media. That's how bad it will get. It is becoming a joke.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's not just baseball. People in music, politics, tech, art, business, virtually anywhere all over have been found with derogatory tweets and FB posts from years past, and it's been happening for years already. Yes, why agents have not gone over their client's social media history with a fine-toothed comb at this point is a good question. Another question is why people still have these prejudices, but that's a much bigger question. I believe a person can change between 18 and 24, especially if they go from some suburban or rural high school where they are a big star to a low-level pro situation where they are just another guy trying to compete against people from all over the world, so I might buy these apologies. But damn, it takes so much more effort to hate than to accept, let alone just not giving a crap.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
" But damn, it takes so much more effort to hate than to accept, let alone just not giving a crap. "

I still HATE Diet soda!

Can't stand the stuff & it didn't take much effort for me to hate it. All it took was one sip.

Ever tar and feather your diet soda? Ain't nuttin like a good ol fashioned diet soda lynching hoedown.

Speaking of which, I better scrub that youtube video of me lynching the diet Dew.