Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * August 2018 * The Dog Days of Summer *

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Someone told me last night they think the Angels will get Harper and Machado next season.

��������

That would be fun considering they already have 2 DHs. :confused:

I guess Simmons has such great range at short that they could afford to have Machado at 3rd.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Isn't Machado's big thing that he wants to play short stop? Would he sign with a team that wants him at third? I don't see Harper signing there either, he strikes me as the kind of guy that wants to be "the guy" I don't care what anyone says, he would be second fiddle to Trout.
For anyone who missed it, today's performance is why DeGrom is the NL Cy Young, wow.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Isn't Machado's big thing that he wants to play short stop? Would he sign with a team that wants him at third? I don't see Harper signing there either, he strikes me as the kind of guy that wants to be "the guy" I don't care what anyone says, he would be second fiddle to Trout.
For anyone who missed it, today's performance is why DeGrom is the NL Cy Young, wow.

Yeah I think Machado said he wouldn't play 3B and Harper said he wouldn't be a DH. . . but I think they will bend over and spread for the team who shows them the most $$$$ :shock: . . . and they're really dopey if they don't.
both suck at their current position btw.

DeGrom finishing the game at 99mph on pitch 108?? daaaamn.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
11 game hitting streak for Acuna...he's reached base on the leadoff at-bat in 9 straight games

I don't see Harper signing there either, he strikes me as the kind of guy that wants to be "the guy" I don't care what anyone says, he would be second fiddle to Trout.

Yeah I think Machado said he wouldn't play 3B and Harper said he wouldn't be a DH. . . but I think they will bend over and spread for the team who shows them the most $$$$ :shock: . . . and they're really dopey if they don't.
both suck at their current position btw.

Interesting argument. I do believe that 99% of free agents in their 20's are gonna go with the team that offers the most money. I think the only players who end up signing with certain team specifically for the shot at a World Series ring are the older players in their 30's who have achieved some level of success & already earned a decent amount of money playing for an unsuccessful team for most of their career. When it comes to free agency fans always want to believe that their favorite players are loyal to their franchise & will take less money to play for them or that they want to play for a winning team but in the end it almost always comes down to money, at least in this day and age where you can get filthy rich playing baseball.

That being said, I truly believe Harper's ego may be inflated enough that he'd be willing to take less money in order to be the biggest superstar of the team. He might just be one of those exceptions.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
In the exact same number of at-bats:

Acuna - .296 avg/.360 OBP/.577 slg% 19 HR 43 RBI .936 OPS 10 SB (53 Runs, 38 XBH)
Soto -.292 avg/.412 OBP/.526 slg% 15 HR 44 RBI .938 OPS 2 SB (54 Runs, 33 XBH)

This will be a close NL ROY race but I'm 99.9% sure it will end up being one of these two. Jack Flaherty gets an honorable mention too

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
In the exact same number of at-bats:

Acuna - .296 avg/.360 OBP/.577 slg% 19 HR 43 RBI .936 OPS 10 SB (53 Runs, 38 XBH)
Soto -.292 avg/.412 OBP/.526 slg% 15 HR 44 RBI .938 OPS 2 SB (54 Runs, 33 XBH)

This will be a close NL ROY race but I'm 99.9% sure it will end up being one of these two. Jack Flaherty gets an honorable mention too

Some years are super tough races and then there are some where neither guy is even in the league 5 years later. This is one of the more legit ones since the godly 2001 class.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
lmao. I would have fallen over from exhaustion 5 seconds in.

M's making it interesting.. bullpen what's up.

I was guessing it would end on a wild pitch, but a balk is even funnier. That is such a typical way for a bad pythagorean team to win :lol: They now have allowed 31 more runs than scored but have won 17 more than lost.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Had to close the store the past three nights, which means I slept in way too late, now I'm going in early Monday and I'm wide awake.
At least my fantasy baseball playoffs start tomorrow and I have a bye through round 1 as the 2nd seed of 12.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
We have about a month and a half left lets predict the playoffs
AL:
1-red Sox (yeah baby!)
2-houston
3-believeland
4-yanks
5-mariners

NL
1-Cubbies
2-phitin Phil's
3-d-bags err backs, d-backs
4-stereotypes, sorrys, braves
5-rocky mountain high. Colorado.

As a bonus I say mookie for AL MVP!!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
AL easy

AL east - Sox
AL central - Indians
AL west - Astros
WC1 - Yanks
WC2 - A's

NL = very very hard

NL east - Braves
NL central - Cubs
NL west - Dodgers
WC1 - Cardinals
WC2 - DBacks

Mookie wins AL MVP
Yceman upsets and wins NL MVP
at least 4 guys with negative Dwar win gold gloves.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
AL East - Sox
AL Central - Indians
AL West - Astros
WC1 - Yankees
WC2 Mariners

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Cubs
NL West - DBacks
WC1 - Braves
WC2 - Cards

AL MVP is a toss-up between Jose Ramirez, J.D. Martinez & Mookie Betts
NL MVP is a toss-up between Matt Carpenter & Nolan Arenado & will come down to whether or not the Rocks or Cards make the postseason. My prediction is that the Cards will and the Rockies don't so I'm thinking Carpenter wins it.
AL Cy Young I really want to say Chris Sale but we know how he always falls apart in the final month of the season so I'm including Trevor Bauer as my back-up answer
NL Cy Young is Jacob deGrom...it has got to be. But then again, maybe Scherzer too :)
AL ROY is gonna be wearing pinstripes, that's all I can say
NL ROY will be Acuna
AL MOY - I honestly don't give a $hit
NL MOY - I honestly don't give a $hit, pi$$ or crap

Last edited:

Members online