Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * August 2018 * The Dog Days of Summer *

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, he is one of the best pitchers not to be in. Also one of the best pitchers not to in a CY. Probably on the juicey juice, but who isnt? :razz:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
However, I do remember that he was always pissing and moaning about something stupid to the media, whether it be about homos, immigrants or his Christian values being superior to everyone...

I actually met Curt Schilling too when I was working at a GameStop as a 19 year old....and he was a frigging dick. He came in with his kid to rent video games and when he was asking my opinion about a couple games (that I had never actually played but was forced by the company to say I had) and telling him a bunch of BS he called me on it and was like "you never played these games before have you? Have you played any of them? Why do they let you work here if you don't know $hit about the $hit".

Needless to say, I didn't bother to ask him for an autograph after that shenanigans.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Even as a sox fan I can't stand schilling. Always complaining about something, usually his treatment by the Boston media.

Sox are now 85-35, if anyone missed Chris sale's return from the DL he appears to be ok. 15 outs...12 ks

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Even as a sox fan I can't stand schilling. Always complaining about something, usually his treatment by the Boston media.

Sox are now 85-35, if anyone missed Chris sale's return from the DL he appears to be ok. 15 outs...12 ks

Yeah, he's a very hard guy to like. Most AZ fans loved him simply because he helped give AZ it's only World Series championship and pitched like a Cy Young candidate during his year's with us...plus AZ is a red state so they don't mind his conservative rants. But in general, most of the U.S. population can't stand him.

Great Schilling story D2R :lol:

Yeah, and it was absolutely true too. I often fabricate my stories to make them more interesting than they really were in real life but that one is 100% truth. I was using a lot of oxy and marijuana while working at GameSpot but I was clear headed the day he came in and man, what a ******....even if I was fibbing about playing the games he was asking about.

My friend was the manager at the blockbuster connected to the GameSpot at the time and he got me the job, otherwise I probably wouldn't have got the job because I wasn't a game nerd in those days. But once you are hired the management tells you to try and play every game they have for sale (frigging impossible...especially for someone using the combination of hard drugs I was on) and if you've never played them you are still supposed to tell them you have and that you really enjoyed it. It's all about the sale. Schilling was the only customer who ever called me on my BS.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The only funny MLBer story I have is when I had a long staredown with Mike Cameron.

I was thinking "Id like to ask for his autograph, but if Im wrong I dont want to offend him as it will look like I think all super black dudes look like Mike Cameron."
He was thinking "Id like to give this homeless guy a dollar, but if Im wrong I dont want to offend him as it will look like I think all druggie bearded losers are homeless."

Neither of us said anything and to this day Im not quite sure if it was Mike Cameron. :lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
For a brief period of time the mall I worked in had a chain collectible store that had signers come in once in awhile. When Bronson Arroyo was at his height with the Red Sox he made an appearance at my ****ty little mall. My wife came with and when we got in line we we're just standing around people watching, making fun of everyone and this surfer looking dude walks by and my wife says to me "look at the blouse this guy is wearing". Of course making the insinuation it was a woman's shirt. I then had the pleasure of informing her she should have looked closer because it was the guy she was waiting in line to see.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
For a brief period of time the mall I worked in had a chain collectible store that had signers come in once in awhile. When Bronson Arroyo was at his height with the Red Sox he made an appearance at my ****ty little mall. My wife came with and when we got in line we we're just standing around people watching, making fun of everyone and this surfer looking dude walks by and my wife says to me "look at the blouse this guy is wearing". Of course making the insinuation it was a woman's shirt. I then had the pleasure of informing her she should have looked closer because it was the guy she was waiting in line to see.

Reminds me of the "Shirts vs Blouses" skit on the Chappelle Show :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He didn't really have a play at first nor did he throw it even close... I wonder if it was on purpose :lol:

not only the perfect throw to the head but the perfect bounce back to the infielders haha

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
He didn't really have a play at first nor did he throw it even close... I wonder if it was on purpose :lol:

not only the perfect throw to the head but the perfect bounce back to the infielders haha

The only sad part about the play is that the ball hit him in his helmet.

It would have been much more awesome if it actually hit him in his stupid face.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Schilling seems like a pretty intelligent dude though. Pissing all his money away in video game ventures, being one of the most outspoken, obnoxious former pro athletes on the planet.

But hey, bloody sock tho bro.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Curt will never be Bobby Fischer. BF will be the king of playa-hating for all time... and hes the GOAT of his profession too. His rants make Curt Schilling look like Mother Teresa. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts