Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew * August 2018 * The Dog Days of Summer *

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
POS Urena hits Acuna on the elbow with the first pitch to keep him from hitting a leadoff home run!!!! Not only do benches clear but security guards were deployed to keep the fans from charging the field. Social media is blowing up and Urena receiving death threats.

That was some real bush league bull$hit. Dude better hop on the plane immediately following this game like his life depended on it. F*CK THAT COWARD!!!

I didn’t see it, did he do it on purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
The Braves coming up with a strategy in the dugout ..

"we will just bean their star player too" . . . . . . . .*looks at Marlins lineup card*

"oh sht, well we will just bean someone with a high salary. . " *looks at lineup card again*

"fck it, just throw strikes" :lol:

lol, I was thinking the same thing. How do you exact revenge for your superstar against a team that doesn't even have a semistar?

I didn’t see it, did he do it on purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Most definitely did, although I don't think he was aiming for the elbow, his command just sucks. Immediately after hitting Acuna he dropped his glove as a "come at me" gesture. Dude was eventually tossed & better serve a suspension.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Derek Jeter more interested in crappy mandatory programs to get everyone on the team to speak Spanish than put a competitive club out there. It only goes more downhill from here.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
So, I heard Dee was the talk of talk of the tinseltown with that massive 360 foot home run in the 12th to get the M's the win! Among all those career home runs he's compiled, that was surely the most special of them all!

Then again, he only has like 13.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I could just see a CSI episode made of this Braves/Marlins game.

After the game Urena is found dead in his hotel room but the suspect list is so large they need to employ the help of ginger super detective who likes to flip his glasses and say something witty after looking over the crime scene.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
POS Urena hits Acuna on the elbow with the first pitch to keep him from hitting a leadoff home run!!!! Not only do benches clear but security guards were deployed to keep the fans from charging the field. Social media is blowing up and Urena receiving death threats.

That was some real bush league bull$hit. Dude better hop on the plane immediately following this game like his life depended on it. F*CK THAT COWARD!!!

I won't defend urena because other than being on a wicked heater Urena did nothing to provoke the beaning but urena had that placed in his back, Acuna, with his awkward full body dry heaves shot his elbow backwards where it got hit. A small part of me likes Urena's attitude to take the rookie down a peg, but I don't think urena has the status to make that beaning, I also think that kind of attitude truly should be removed from the game, even if I secretly kinda like it.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I won't defend urena because other than being on a wicked heater Urena did nothing to provoke the beaning but urena had that placed in his back, Acuna, with his awkward full body dry heaves shot his elbow backwards where it got hit. A small part of me likes Urena's attitude to take the rookie down a peg, but I don't think urena has the status to make that beaning, I also think that kind of attitude truly should be removed from the game, even if I secretly kinda like it.

I get it, everyone (outside fans of the organization young stud plays for) wants a piece of "the next big thing", sometimes out of jealousy (that they aren't on their team) or sometimes cuz they just don't like their ****y attitude...I'm guilty of it myself back when Puig & Harper were rookies (was never jealous of Puig, just never liked him but Harper I certainly was)...but as for Urena, he's just a crappy pitcher who knew he had no chance of getting Acuna out cuz nobody else in their rotation could, so he just beaned him. It was just a case of "well, if you can't beat 'em, bean 'em". Sure, if it were Kershaw or Bumgarner pitching it would have been more of a statement and they would have had the sort of pinpoint command to be able to hit him in the thigh or butt.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He didn't just take him down a peg, he threw a pitch that was in the 99.9th percentile of all of his pitches this season in terms of velocity. He couldn't just hit in with his usual 92 sht but chose to pump it up to 97.5 ::facepalm::

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So who here has done selling with COMC? I have the Kershaw rookie auto and a few other things ready to go to COMC HQ, aiming for next week I just have a few Qs first.