Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Wade Davis

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wade Davis

SUCKS. I am glad the Cubs did not resign him. Gave up a 3 run homer in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs to let the Brewers win the game. He is 1-5 with an ERA over 5. I don't care that he has 31 saves. He has lost 5 games with 6 blown saves. Just very bad!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The f***er just destroyed my fantasy bullpen for the entire week....ugh!

I've gotten more fantasy points this year from Lou Trivino, a middle reliever who doesn't get the big points from saves.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to back blown saves.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    Back to back blown saves.
    AND loses...
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric Thames is a bad bad man!!!! Go Brewers!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cubs could have been up 2 games. What an a-hole.

corockies
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure this is the worst stat line I've ever seen in MLB:

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    Pretty sure this is the worst stat line I've ever seen in MLB:

Yup, I woke up to another horrible stat line from Wade Davis on my fantasy team...so basically, nothing new. These days it's more common for me to find a loss or blown save (negative points) by his name rather than an actual save.

He's the sole reason I'm going to loss this week. Well, him and JV having a disaster of a start last night.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so right now today's game is 5-4 rockies over the dodgers to start the bottom of the 8th. If they send Davis out for the 9th I swear I will drive down to coors field and haul Bud Black out of there in a burlap sack.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar cards. Got rare ones? PM me and let's make a deal!
    Some key cards still on the wantlist:
    1992 Star Promo - 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo
    1995 Score Rules Jumbo - 1996 Aficionado First Pitch Preview
    1996 Select Mirror Blue & Gold - 1997 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion
    1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold - 1997 Topps Stars All-Stars
    1997 Score Platinum and Premier Club Teams - 1998 Bowman's Best Atomic

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    OK so right now today's game is 5-4 rockies over the dodgers to start the bottom of the 8th. If they send Davis out for the 9th I swear I will drive down to coors field and haul Bud Black out of there in a burlap sack.
    They wanted nothing to do with him tonight....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, mercifully. Bud Black, you get to sleep in your own bed tonight instead of in a burlap bag in the trunk of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    They wanted nothing to do with him tonight....
    Collecting Roberto Alomar cards. Got rare ones? PM me and let's make a deal!
    Some key cards still on the wantlist:
    1992 Star Promo - 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo
    1995 Score Rules Jumbo - 1996 Aficionado First Pitch Preview
    1996 Select Mirror Blue & Gold - 1997 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion
    1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold - 1997 Topps Stars All-Stars
    1997 Score Platinum and Premier Club Teams - 1998 Bowman's Best Atomic

corockies
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My night job is in Cherry Creek, I work outside. I nervously listened to the game on my phone, just waiting for McGee to give it up after McMahon hit that 2 run jack. If he did I was expecting to hear the boos from Coors Field on the night sky. Luckily it didn't happen.

Side rant - I've had MLB TV through the MLB app for a while now - the Rockies are always blacked out due to my location. It's kinda frustrating and I get it (the game is on ATTnet on TV) but I have no access to a regular TV while I'm at my night job. I can watch any other game going on, just not the Rockies (the one I want to watch). So, Gameday + KOA radio is what I'm relegated to.

Side side rant - Kyle Freeland is awesome. He's shown all season you can successfully pitch at Coors. And nobody is noticing.
    Freeland is Colorado born and bred, which I think gives him a unique advantage since he's dealt with altitude baseball his whole life.
    He's literally having the best pitching season for a Rockies pitcher ever - yes, even better than 2010 Ubaldo!
    Last edited by corockies; 08-11-2018 at 09:19 AM.