Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I got suspended from ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
The first time I was in the wrong. I was offering people money for their cards and was giving them PayPal direct payment as an option. So I got a warning. Then I was messaging with a guy who I'd already dealt with and we worked something extra out. It never even occurred to me I was circumventing ebay. So I have a 7-day suspension.

I want to keep bidding during my suspension. Is it as simple as just starting a new account or will my IP addy be flagged or something?

I swear I'm not a bad person :evil:

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
It's ok, I will still be your friend. :mrgreen:

and as Austin said, just wait out your week as they will be on to you.

Yeah, when I signed up many years ago, they flagged my account because the previous tenant was a deadbeat apparently. They cancelled all my listings and bids and I had to submit proof that it was me, not the other person signing up. And even then it took them forever to validate everything.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I got some sort of mark on my record because someone in my office was bidding on my cards. Apparently, a buyer cannot know the seller, because somehow that gives you inside info. Sharing an IP address was all the proof they needed of collusion, so I had to pinky-swear I wasn't shilling my auctions.

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
After the Astros won the World Series I sold over 500 newspapers in an hour and everyone was asking for and sending me phone numbers because they wanted to pick them up from me that day. Ebay shut me down for 7 days and cost me a huge number of sales because I had access to however many newspapers that I needed. I posted everything on offerup and it worked out because I did not have to pay for fees. After my stint on the 7 day suspension, I was able to make all my out of town sales. . .i just missed out on the premium prices.

It was really cool for a short time because that morning my listing was trending number 1 and they had my listing posted on eBay's home page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My wife has an eBay account, my father-in-law has an eBay account.

If my account got busted for any amount of time, which it never has and I’ve been a member since 2004, I would have a backup option if I really couldn’t remove myself from it.

Members online

Latest posts