Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Felix Hernadez moved to the Mariners Bullpen..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
This should have been done a while ago. The awkward part is that a lot of his starts had more runs in the first inning than the rest combined... so making him a 1-2 inning guy seems bad for a slow starter, but I'm guessing he only plays blowouts now.

The amusing part of this is for years the only really really good players on this team was Ichiro and Felix. This year they were the only really really bad players, combining for about negative 2 WAR.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's sad to see these once great pitchers like Hernandez, Johan Santana and Tim Lincecum who seemed Hall of Fame bound, fade into mediocrity. Felix is still relatively young, but he's been going downhill for years.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
he's been extremely inconsistent. the blazing fastball isn't there so the change up isn't nearly as effective. and the Astros owned him.. should work with Moyer or Maddux. I feel he still has the stuff. has to get out of his K mentality

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Watching bits and pieces of the M's/Astros game yesterday, I heard them mention this. Given the point in the season, putting him on 60-day DL would make him unavailable for the playoffs, I think, and the M's are definitely in contention given the state of the Astros. If he doesn't have to be completely shut down, it makes sense to give him limited duty. Though maybe they should, anyway.

Members online