Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Donruss redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tb3nn3tt

Jul 23, 2018
Hey guys,

I pulled a redemption from a pack of 2014 Donruss yesterday, and I can't tell what card it is! Here is how it shows up on the Panini site after the code was entered:

Received:
08/13/2018 7:59 PM
by: Panini 2014 Donruss Base Brand Donruss
Recollection Autograph Buybacks
Redemption: *(code)* Card #31 ( / 102)
TBD
TM

I looked all over for checklists and the only ones that I could find skipped over card #31! Anybody seen this one?

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Hey guys,

I pulled a redemption from a pack of 2014 Donruss yesterday, and I can't tell what card it is! Here is how it shows up on the Panini site after the code was entered:

Received:
08/13/2018 7:59 PM
by: Panini 2014 Donruss Base Brand Donruss
Recollection Autograph Buybacks
Redemption: *(code)* Card #31 ( / 102)
TBD
TM

I looked all over for checklists and the only ones that I could find skipped over card #31! Anybody seen this one?

Odd that it doesn't even show up on the official checklist on the Panini website. My best guess is that they never got the cards signed and so they pulled it from the checklist. Hard to say who the player was. Good luck getting this card redeemed without some extra effort. I pulled the Mattingly redemption (which was for an '84 RC #'d to 20) and redeemed in early 2016. The redemption sat there with no action for over two years, despite my having seen at least a couple of the cards on the market. Finally e-mailed them this spring and after a couple of months finally got somebody to help me. And I'll give them credit -- they were fair. They didn't have the Mattingly in stock, but sent me an Aaron Judge Gold Standard Jersey Auto that I sold for $150 and an on-card Phil Rizzuto autograph from an early 2000s product that I can probably sell for $30-$35. My best advice to you is #1 - Be Patient and #2 - Be Nice once you finally find somebody to respond to you.

tb3nn3tt

Jul 23, 2018
Odd that it doesn't even show up on the official checklist on the Panini website. My best guess is that they never got the cards signed and so they pulled it from the checklist. Hard to say who the player was. Good luck getting this card redeemed without some extra effort. I pulled the Mattingly redemption (which was for an '84 RC #'d to 20) and redeemed in early 2016. The redemption sat there with no action for over two years, despite my having seen at least a couple of the cards on the market. Finally e-mailed them this spring and after a couple of months finally got somebody to help me. And I'll give them credit -- they were fair. They didn't have the Mattingly in stock, but sent me an Aaron Judge Gold Standard Jersey Auto that I sold for $150 and an on-card Phil Rizzuto autograph from an early 2000s product that I can probably sell for $30-$35. My best advice to you is #1 - Be Patient and #2 - Be Nice once you finally find somebody to respond to you.

Appreciate the advice - hope I do as well as you did!!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This is a stretch, but on the checklist it shows the buyback autos without a card number associated with it. If you do a manual count on the checklist below, the 31st card is Mark Grace. It also reflects a print run of /10. Again, a stretch, but this could be a Mark Grace buyback auto /10 and the database for yours has a typo with /102, or a type on the checklist and it may be /102. Looking at the buyback checklist, they aren't high print run cards either so this is a glass half full point of view haha! Here is the checklist and I put in the numbers to show what I was talking about:

Recollection Autograph Buybacks Set Checklist
1. Tim Raines #/ 45
2. Dusty Baker #/ 20
3. Alan Trammell #/ 23
4. Pete Rose #/ 10
5. Cal Ripken Jr. #/ 7
6. Nolan Ryan #/ 23
7. Wade Boggs #/ 15
8. Tony Gwynn #/ 12
9. Ryne Sandberg #/ 10
10. Joe Carter #/ 30
11. Ron Darling #/ 18
12. Don Mattingly #/ 20
13. Dusty Baker #/ 20
14. Darryl Strawberry #/ 26
15. Alan Trammell #/ 25
16. Pete Rose #/ 10
17. Pete Rose #/ 7
18. Eric Davis #/ 40
19. Dwight Gooden #/ 20
20. Roger Clemens #/ 7
21. Vince Coleman #/ 66
22. Jose Canseco #/ 31
23. Fred McGriff #/ 40
24. Bo Jackson #/ 10
25. Wally Joyner #/ 50
26. Rafael Palmeiro #/ 35
27. Barry Larkin #/ 15
28. Will Clark #/ 41
29. Mark Grace #/ 86
30. Tom Glavine #/ 20
31. Mark Grace #/ 10
32. Craig Biggio #/ 50
33. Ken Griffey Jr. #/ 11
34. Ken Griffey Jr. #/ 3
35. Joe Girardi #/ 30
36. Willie McGee #/ 15
37. Vince Coleman

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Card #29
14DONRUSSRECOLLECTION86.jpg
Card #31
14DONRUSSRECOLLECTION10.jpg

I vaguely remember there being an article about last minute changes to this checklist from what was first announced.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Link to old thread. This may be what I was thinking about. Interesting to note that the Griffey Serial Number totals changed from what the checklist says to different quantities. Probably a case where the checklist was announced before production, and changed during production. No idea who the /102 card would have been though.

http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...ion-Collection-autographs-stamped-or-embossed

Members online