Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PLAYER COLLECTORS anyone need 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collecti

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
trevordchi said:
If you have an extra Bagwell after Predator gets his shot I don't have it either.

This is one of those issues I can't quite get a handle on - even taking into consideration that they were retail products - where did they all go?

There has got to be some reseller or distributor sitting on a ton of these somewhere. 10,000 issued per player, but on average you see one or two a year come to auction. Strange.

Usually, at some point, someone will do a wholesale dump of product - usually cutting their losses, clearing out, or making room for other inventory. But I've never seen anyone do '93 Iooss Jumbos. At least since 1998 when I joined eBay.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HawaiianLance said:
trevordchi said:
If you have an extra Bagwell after Predator gets his shot I don't have it either.

This is one of those issues I can't quite get a handle on - even taking into consideration that they were retail products - where did they all go?

There has got to be some reseller or distributor sitting on a ton of these somewhere. 10,000 issued per player, but on average you see one or two a year come to auction. Strange.

Usually, at some point, someone will do a wholesale dump of product - usually cutting their losses, clearing out, or making room for other inventory. But I've never seen anyone do '93 Iooss Jumbos. At least since 1998 when I joined eBay.

Honestly this is one of the harder early Bagwells to track down aside for the Colla Collection auto, MJB holographics autos, and the 1992 Diamond kings jumbo(which I have been told are only numbered to 25 if I am correct?).Even the guy I got all of my early(pre 1997) oddball stuff from says he has never even seen one.They just never surface.Not sure why but I know the demand is there because they are a rarity.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
Honestly this is one of the harder early Bagwells to track down aside for the Colla Collection auto, MJB holographics autos, and the 1992 Diamond kings jumbo(which I have been told are only numbered to 25 if I am correct?).Even the guy I got all of my early(pre 1997) oddball stuff from says he has never even seen one.They just never surface.Not sure why but I know the demand is there because they are a rarity.

It is a wacky mystery.

Best I could come up with is that Walmart or KMart or some damn-mart has them stuck in some giant Indiana Jones-like storage facility. Maybe one day, years from now, while doing a global inventory check/clearance they'll all be disgorged like bile from some monstrous whale. <g>

In regards to the '92 Diamond Kings Supers. I put in years of research trying to pin down a number - nada. Nobody remembers. <shrug>

The general guessitmate consensus is anywhere from 5 to 25. But I would hazard a guess in the lower range rather than higher. It really depends - who knows how many Donruss printed to show the retailers. I can say with absolute certainty that there are at least two (2) Thomas' in existence. And I infer the existence of two or three others, but those ultra high-end collectors have never responded to my requests for confirmation.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
glad they have been getting to their destinations

theses went out today

Card 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo #WI1 Tim Salmon Print Run
Card 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo #WI2 Jeff Bagwell Print Run

Card 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo #WI8 Mark Grace Print Run

Card 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo #WI12 Albert Belle Print Run

Card 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo #WI18 Andy Van Slyke Print Run

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
HawaiianLance said:
predatorkj said:

It is a wacky mystery.

Best I could come up with is that Walmart or KMart or some damn-mart has them stuck in some giant Indiana Jones-like storage facility. Maybe one day, years from now, while doing a global inventory check/clearance they'll all be disgorged like bile from some monstrous whale. <g>

In regards to the '92 Diamond Kings Supers. I put in years of research trying to pin down a number - nada. Nobody remembers. <shrug>

The general guessitmate consensus is anywhere from 5 to 25. But I would hazard a guess in the lower range rather than higher. It really depends - who knows how many Donruss printed to show the retailers. I can say with absolute certainty that there are at least two (2) Thomas' in existence. And I infer the existence of two or three others, but those ultra high-end collectors have never responded to my requests for confirmation.

I just don't understand why they went so dang limited on the DK jumbos.Man...that low of a print run would have made those cards worth thousands back then.Heck...if you even find one what are the possibilities of even being able to buy it for a decent price?Whoever has it is most likely never going to want to take a loss on it and knowing that, they could go for more than any of us would like to pay.

As for the jumbos...that may very well be the case.Just think of all of the 90's packs and boxes they probably still have stored away.Sweet! :cool:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I think I have theses left if anyones interested

WI5 Steve Avery

WI6 Paul Molitor
WI10 Delino DeShields
WI14 Howard Johnson
WI19 Nolan Ryan
WI23 Cecil Fielder

Walter Iooss Collection

This 27-card set spotlights the work of famous sports photographer Walter Iooss Jr. by presenting 26 of the game's current greats (one-per-team) in a candid photo set. The cards were inserted in Series One retail foil and Hobby jumbo packs.
A 3 1/2" X 5" jumbo version was also produced, exclusively to retail re-packs, which contained one pack of each 1993 Upper Deck series. The jumbos cards are each serial-numbered to 10,000 copies.
NNO Header

westusmc

Jan 16, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Why are these so difficult to track down? The 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo of Barry Larkin is one of only 3 1993 or older cards that I don't have of Larkin and I have not seen one for sale in 2 years of collecting Larkin. ebay, Beckett, COMC, sportlots, nothing. They had a print run of 10,000. What gives?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Why are these so difficult to track down? The 1993 Upper Deck Iooss Collection Jumbo of Barry Larkin is one of only 3 1993 or older cards that I don't have of Larkin and I have not seen one for sale in 2 years of collecting Larkin. ebay, Beckett, COMC, sportlots, nothing. They had a print run of 10,000. What gives?

happen to need a 1996 Liberty Sports?

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

Probably because of the way they were distributed. There were retail hanger packs with a couple packs of upper deck and then the jumbo Iooss card on the back. I have a unopened and loose version of the Puckett in my collection.

Members online

Latest posts