Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols Oddball Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Here is my Albert Pujols Oddball Collection. If you have any that aren't listed here, show them off.

2001 Bowman Heritage Promo (given out at National Convention in 2001 and only 500 made)
01BHPromoAP.jpg

2001 Donruss Classics Bobble Head (came with purchase of Pujols bobble head)
01DBAP.jpg

2001 eTopps (could only purchase from eTopps website on initial release)
01etoppsAP.jpg

2001 MLB Showdown Pennant Run and Showdown Stars (promo from convention)
01MLBSAP.jpg

2002 Donruss Super Estrellas (Donruss creates cards for Latin Americans)
02DSEAP.jpg

2003 Donruss Estrellas (2nd year for this Donruss set)
03DEJAP.jpg

2003 Fleer 3D #12,24,36,59, 60 (missing #35 Home with Red Helmet)
03F3DAP.jpg

2003 Fleer Pepsi mini
03FPepsiAP.jpg

2003 Topps Kanebo Japanese Series 1 regular & silver parallel (card looks like 2002 Topps but with correct Pujols photo on back)
03TK1AP.jpg

2003 Topps Kanebo Japanese Series 2 (available in packs in Japan)
03TK2AP.jpg

2003 Upper Deck Post (available by installing all 6 CDs to unlock code to purchase set for $5.00)
03UDPostAP.jpg

2004 Topps McGruff Take A Bite Out Of Crime
04TMcgruffAP.jpg

2005 Topps Hot Button game card (regular and refractor)
05THotBAP.jpg

2005 Upper Deck Flyball (available by purchasing game or booster packs)
05UDFlyballAP.jpg

2006 Upper Deck Frito Lay (available for 2 week period in May, 2006, at Wal-Mart in Family Fun packs of Lays chips)
06UDFritoAP.jpg

2007 MLB Trade Up (available by purchasing game)
07MLBTradeUpAP.jpg

2007 Topps Pepsi (had to drink a lot of Pepsi cases to put this 200+ card set together)
07TPepsiAP.jpg

2007 Upper Deck Japanese Kellogg's (available in Japan Kellogg's cereal boxes)
07UDJKelloggsAP.jpg

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.

I think that the Heritage Promo's came with gum.
I think I have a sealed one somewhere.....

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
In keeping with the OP's intent,

2005 Uno cards--came with a National League tin. There's an American League out there, but I didn't buy that one.

uno.jpg

2005 Hallmark Ornament card.

alchristmas.jpg

2007 Upper Deck Green Predictor Winners.

pgreen.jpg

2008 UD Superstar. Found in $9.99 jumbo packs--K-Mart or Wal-Mart.

super.jpg

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I guess I will have to buy the 2009 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards to find all the oddball Pujols cards I need. It comes with a CD/DVD version and I wonder if you can search for just Pujols cards. My definition of oddball cards doesn't include base, insert or parallel cards that come out of packs in hobby shops. It includes (but not limited to) manufacturer promos, food/drink promotions, restaurant promotions, police/safety sets, stadium giveaway sets, game sets, player endorsement products, test/preview sets, regional issue sets, foreign sets (Japan, Latin America, Dominican Republic, etc...), exclusive collectors clubs or any odd small boxed sets found in retail stores.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
KLARNOLD said:
I guess I will have to buy the 2009 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards to find all the oddball Pujols cards I need. It comes with a CD/DVD version and I wonder if you can search for just Pujols cards. My definition of oddball cards doesn't include base, insert or parallel cards that come out of packs in hobby shops. It includes (but not limited to) manufacturer promos, food/drink promotions, restaurant promotions, police/safety sets, stadium giveaway sets, game sets, player endorsement products, test/preview sets, regional issue sets, foreign sets (Japan, Latin America, Dominican Republic, etc...), exclusive collectors clubs or any odd small boxed sets found in retail stores.

Well I tried...

I have the 2009 Standard Catalog. The CD is pretty much the book on a disc. You can't generate a list of a specific player, but you can look up a set--just like the book. I guess it's meant to be more portable, plus you can print out any set list. (it works as an Adobe document.)

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Greg Cleveland said:
KLARNOLD said:

Well I tried...

I have the 2009 Standard Catalog. The CD is pretty much the book on a disc. You can't generate a list of a specific player, but you can look up a set--just like the book. I guess it's meant to be more portable, plus you can print out any set list. (it works as an Adobe document.)

Greg, since it works as an Adobe document (PDF?), you should be able to search it for a particular player. Did you try that?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
djrulz said:
This was only inserted in 2008 Topps Factory sets. I believe certain retail sets.

Funny, I was just talking about that set in the Frank Thomas thread...Frank is supposedly in the 5 Card factory insert as well, but I can't find the card anywhere.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
BunchOBull said:
djrulz said:
This was only inserted in 2008 Topps Factory sets. I believe certain retail sets.

Funny, I was just talking about that set in the Frank Thomas thread...Frank is supposedly in the 5 Card factory insert as well, but I can't find the card anywhere.

Frank is not in the set. The set consists of:
1 of 5 Chase Utley
2 of 5 Derek Jeter
3 of 5 Ken Griffey, Jr.
4 of 5 Albert Pujols
5 of 5 Vladimir Guerrero

I saw the preliminary checklist and it also had Jim Thome and someone else on it. But Jeter and Griffey weren't on it. I have 2 sets of them and always looking for more.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
djrulz said:
BunchOBull said:
djrulz said:

Frank is not in the set. The set consists of:
1 of 5 Chase Utley
2 of 5 Derek Jeter
3 of 5 Ken Griffey, Jr.
4 of 5 Albert Pujols
5 of 5 Vladimir Guerrero

I saw the preliminary checklist and it also had Jim Thome and someone else on it. But Jeter and Griffey weren't on it. I have 2 sets of them and always looking for more.

thanked! now I know!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great stuff!!

I really like the Frito Lay set. Looks cool to me. Are they on thicker, glossier cards? I Don't even remember seeing that one come out. At 2 weeks, you blink, you miss it I guess!

Members online