Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
This Ripken was listed for maybe 2-3 minutes and I wasn't about to let it stay there. Hit the BIN at $120. THRILLED about this one. Pretty tough card.

FleerIronManBatAuto.jpg

whontime

Jan 3, 2009
Snyper said:
This Ripken was listed for maybe 2-3 minutes and I wasn't about to let it stay there. Hit the BIN at $120. THRILLED about this one. Pretty tough card.

FleerIronManBatAuto.jpg

My card. I had just listed it! It is a very nice card and I already have it packed up and ready to go out tomorrow morning. I am sure you will be pleased with it. The cards from this set are almost impossible to find at this point. I had been working on the set for 2-3 years and have finally given up. I just can't seem to find the last 3-4 cards that I needed.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
whontime said:
Snyper said:

FleerIronManBatAuto.jpg

My card. I had just listed it! It is a very nice card and I already have it packed up and ready to go out tomorrow morning. I am sure you will be pleased with it. The cards from this set are almost impossible to find at this point. I had been working on the set for 2-3 years and have finally given up. I just can't seem to find the last 3-4 cards that I needed.

:eek: Oh cool man! Thanks much! I had only seen this Cal once before on ebay and that was it. Sorry to hear you are moving on from the set but I know the feeling and moreso appreciate the opportunity to add it to my collection. :D

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Snyper said:

FleerIronManBatAuto.jpg

That is one of the nicest Ripken on-card autos ever made.
Congrats!

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
bigalbert said:
That is one of the nicest Ripken on-card autos ever made. Congrats!

:eek: Whoa.. Coming from the biggest Ripken card collector out there, I really appreciate it man. Thanks

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Great stuff!

I posted this in a thread but thought I would enter it in this thread as well. I am not a ticket collector but loved the idea of adding this to my collection. For all I know there could be a lot or a few full tickets like this in the collecting world. Either way, here is a ticket from the first part of the longest game between Rochester & Pawtucket in 1981. If anyone ever runs across a full ticket from the conclusion I would appreciate a heads up:

rochesterfullticket.jpg

On another note some of you may remember a gentleman that I interviewed on my site named Clark. He was at the game in Charlotte in 1980 where they handed out the WBTV card set. What makes his special is that he got a large portion of the cards signed, even the Ripken. They are currently being auctioned off. Whether you have the coin or not it is neat to see a card signed by Cal in 1980.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This card has been at the shop I go to for over a year. I'd always kinda thought about buying it, and tonight I did. I know it's from 2007 Goudey, but unsure if it was a box topper or insert in packs. Anyone know?

ripken07GOUDEY.jpg

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
This card has been at the shop I go to for over a year. I'd always kinda thought about buying it, and tonight I did. I know it's from 2007 Goudey, but unsure if it was a box topper or insert in packs. Anyone know?

ripken07GOUDEY.jpg

I believe those were inserts in packs.
Nice card.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
HUGE win for me tonight. :shock: I used to own #9/15 but sold it to Russ a while back. Regretted it ever since. Looks like things worked out for the best. Not a bad serial number to have either... ;)

UltimateRip.jpg

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Nice pickup on the quad, I was watching it. I thought it would've been a little stronger. Great card #'d to his jersey.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
bigalbert said:
Nice pickup on the quad, I was watching it. I thought it would've been a little stronger. Great card #'d to his jersey.

Hey thanks man! Yeah what's funny is that I offered the seller $125 to end early. He refused and countered with $200. Kinda ironic. Appreciate you not bidding it up! :)

Hey also- are you going to go after that Ultimate Inscriptions "2632 CG" auto for 1K?

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Snyper said:
bigalbert said:

Hey thanks man! Yeah what's funny is that I offered the seller $125 to end early. He refused and countered with $200. Kinda ironic. Appreciate you not bidding it up! :)

Hey also- are you going to go after that Ultimate Inscriptions "2632 CG" auto for 1K?

I have been looking at it trying to decide how much its worth. I will likely offer him something, just don't know what yet.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
bigalbert said:
Snyper said:
bigalbert said:

I have been looking at it trying to decide how much its worth. I will likely offer him something, just don't know what yet.

PM sent-

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Snyper said:
HUGE win for me tonight. :shock: I used to own #9/15 but sold it to Russ a while back. Regretted it ever since. Looks like things worked out for the best. Not a bad serial number to have either... ;)

UltimateRip.jpg

"I saw that card and ****** in my pants...."

:lol:

Glad you were able to pick up another copy. I almost took a stab at it to go along with my Auto Glove 8/15 and send you back the one you sold me, but I decided to pass. Great card and I still love mine!!

2008UltimateCollectionMaximumMateri.jpg

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Russ S. said:
Snyper said:

UltimateRip.jpg

"I saw that card and ****** in my pants...."

:lol:

Glad you were able to pick up another copy. I almost took a stab at it to go along with my Auto Glove 8/15 and send you back the one you sold me, but I decided to pass. Great card and I still love mine!!

2008UltimateCollectionMaximumMateri.jpg

Oh WOW man, that was a pretty cool intention! Thank you very much for that sir.. Although if I would have lost it I woulda been heart broken until I would have been told from you.. :lol: (This is why I pm'd you asking how much I had sold you yours for, cause I couldn't remember!) My max bid was actually $226.99.. haha I "kinda" wanted it pretty badly.. ;)

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Can anyone in here use this card? I was just scanning through this thread and you all have some nice collections. I am trying to move some stuff and have a soft spot for player collectors, as I used to be strictly a Griffey Jr. collector, so I figured I'd check here for this. Send me a PM.

Ripken.jpg

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Junior Griffey said:
Can anyone in here use this card? I was just scanning through this thread and you all have some nice collections. I am trying to move some stuff and have a soft spot for player collectors, as I used to be strictly a Griffey Jr. collector, so I figured I'd check here for this. Send me a PM.

Ripken.jpg
Thanks for the nice addition my friend. ;)

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Nice one Russ.

Hey Ripken collectors- are you aware of any other star sets out there than these?
scan060609.jpg
scan060509.jpg
scan060409.jpg