Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
[MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION]

Thank you very much for this sticker. I owe you one....

attachment.php

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
More nice Ripkens in here. It seems the Cal pickups have outweighed almost everyone the last few months. Nice work guys.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Finally Completed my Crusade Rainbow. Would you believe I happened to receive the Red and Purple both on the same day, from two different sellers, on 12/18/14, and just finally got the Green in yesterday? Green was in a drought for awhile, glad it didn't spike in price too much. I wonder if I'm the only person to have taken so long to get a Green to complete their set!

ripkencrusade_zpsslqc26rz.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Finally Completed my Crusade Rainbow. Would you believe I happened to receive the Red and Purple both on the same day, from two different sellers, on 12/18/14, and just finally got the Green in yesterday? Green was in a drought for awhile, glad it didn't spike in price too much. I wonder if I'm the only person to have taken so long to get a Green to complete their set!

ripkencrusade_zpsslqc26rz.jpg

Great set.. Are you planning on sending them in to get graded?

I lucked out when I sent mine in.. Now I need to get a BGS 9.5 of the Green.. I am picking up a few and then I will send them in to get graded.. hopefully one will come back as a 9.5.. I wish the 8.5 would have been a 9.0..

edgar-red-a.jpg
edgar-purple-a.jpg
edgar-green-a.jpg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Added the 1997 Gold Team Mirror Gold! My first Mirror Gold and I must say these are pretty. I had been consumed with chasing the Crusades, but now I have to keep a lookout for some other great inserts!

20170519_151732_zpsb826kdig.jpg

Sooner1

May 16, 2012
Hey, so I was sifting through some old insert boxes and stumbled upon this. I have no idea on the exact value of this, and kinda hoping someone would have a general idea? I can't find anything similar that has sold recently.
1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems #'d 37/50
kC7QuPX.jpg

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
Hey, so I was sifting through some old insert boxes and stumbled upon this. I have no idea on the exact value of this, and kinda hoping someone would have a general idea? I can't find anything similar that has sold recently.
1999 Metal Precious Metal Gems #'d 37/50
View attachment 70335

You've got your self a nice insert there. I've seen some go for $200+. They don't come up to often. Is it for sale?

Sooner1

May 16, 2012
You've got your self a nice insert there. I've seen some go for $200+. They don't come up to often. Is it for sale?

It is, I just was trying to gauge a price point before just randomly putting it up on ebay because like I said, I tried to find similar cards or heck players and couldn't find anything, other than basically $100-$400+, which is a decent sized gap.

Ripkenfan126

Jan 5, 2017
It is, I just was trying to gauge a price point before just randomly putting it up on ebay because like I said, I tried to find similar cards or heck players and couldn't find anything, other than basically $100-$400+, which is a decent sized gap.

Sent you a PM

Members online