Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
I'm putting a hold on any Griffey's for a while. I took a huge hit today, well more like hits, with the stock market plunging. I wish I could hit the Fast Forward button and get past this bear market. Really its been bad all year, but today takes the cake.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
bad- Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully things will be picking up soon.

I had a small mailday today.

1995FinestBronze.jpg

1997PinnacleCertified1.jpg

1997PinnacleCertified2.jpg

Joe

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
magicpapa said:
badmajama said:
okay I have a couple coming in still so this is keeping me happy.

kgj23.jpg
i love those ones badman

reserverssig.jpg ;)

you're a tease! :lol:

Really though how did you get 2 of those golds!!!??? That 2nd one had to of been an accident. Nice Magicpapa!

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
muskiesfan said:

1995FinestBronze.jpg

1997PinnacleCertified1.jpg

1997PinnacleCertified2.jpg

Joe

Nice! I want to get my hands on the 93 Finest refractor one day. Thats one that has been hard to win.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
phxsunsfan said:
My Exquisite 1/1 Wrapper auto finally showed up, It is available BTW :)

Scan10008.jpg

Scan10009.jpg

hmmmm, wonder how many different ones there are. This one is numbered.
1bd6_1.jpg

Roy
heres a question from brinn
There was a Jeter / Griffey card, Ebay auction 220275210054. I spoke with the guy and UD forgot to put a 1/1 on the card and he was returning it to get that marked 1/1. This was a wrapper exchange promotion.

There is a 2nd guy who has contacted me, and he also selected Griffey and Jeter for his card.

It’s the same Exquisite card with the exact Jeter picture but Griffey has a different Reds uniform. Its hand marked 1/1 in RED sharpie (I’ve never seen red used before).

My questions are about the use of the red marked 1/1- did UD do it or did he do it?

Also if there are 2 people who selected Griffey and Jeter in this promotion, then why couldn’t there be 5 other variations from people also selecting Griffey and Jeter, all marked 1/1.

To me, that would definitely lower the card’s value. I was ready to buy the 2nd card privately, but now having 2nd thoughts about the whole promotion.

Just wanted your input. If you want you can throw it out at the “guys”

S

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
badmajama said:
magicpapa said:
badmajama said:
okay I have a couple coming in still so this is keeping me happy.

kgj23.jpg
i love those ones badman

reserverssig.jpg ;)

you're a tease! :lol:

Really though how did you get 2 of those golds!!!??? That 2nd one had to of been an accident. Nice Magicpapa!
ive had 3 at one time :eek:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
badmajama said:
muskiesfan said:

Joe

Nice! I want to get my hands on the 93 Finest refractor one day. Thats one that has been hard to win.

I appreciate it. My 93 Finest refractor is one of my most prized cards in my collection. It's right up there with my Green and Purple Crusades. I am also a big fan of the 94 Finest refractors. Those are some amazing cards too.

Joe

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
magicpapa said:
Roy Birchler said:
phxsunsfan said:
My Exquisite 1/1 Wrapper auto finally showed up, It is available BTW :)

Scan10008.jpg

Scan10009.jpg

hmmmm, wonder how many different ones there are. This one is numbered.
1bd6_1.jpg

Roy
heres a question from brinn
There was a Jeter / Griffey card, Ebay auction 220275210054. I spoke with the guy and UD forgot to put a 1/1 on the card and he was returning it to get that marked 1/1. This was a wrapper exchange promotion.

There is a 2nd guy who has contacted me, and he also selected Griffey and Jeter for his card.

It’s the same Exquisite card with the exact Jeter picture but Griffey has a different Reds uniform. Its hand marked 1/1 in RED sharpie (I’ve never seen red used before).

My questions are about the use of the red marked 1/1- did UD do it or did he do it?

Also if there are 2 people who selected Griffey and Jeter in this promotion, then why couldn’t there be 5 other variations from people also selecting Griffey and Jeter, all marked 1/1.

To me, that would definitely lower the card’s value. I was ready to buy the 2nd card privately, but now having 2nd thoughts about the whole promotion.

Just wanted your input. If you want you can throw it out at the “guys”

S

I've seen other ones, not Griffey, marked with red ink 1/1's. So I think maybe some got out without being marked 1/1 and it could very well be marked by UD. Even if the seller marked it 1/1 its legitimately the wrapper redemption card a true 1/1 and he did right with a red ink. BUT! I wouldn't pull the trigger until I find out the conclusion to the unmarked Jeter/Griffey 1/1.

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys. I haven't been picking up too much Griffey stuff lately, so this was a nice one.

John

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
badmajama said:
LaneyB said:
My baseball fans...

Check out this Valuable Rookie Card Keep in mind it is used.

Bruce

funny that card was made in 1990 :lol:

on a side note that just made me think I've been collecting Griffey for 18 years now. I have mostly base and inserts about 400+ that I've pulled and traded as a kid and now finally able to afford his auto's. Getting older does have its pro's.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
badmajama said:
badmajama said:
LaneyB said:
My baseball fans...

Bruce

on a side note that just made me think I've been collecting Griffey for 18 years now. I have mostly base and inserts about 400+ that I've pulled and traded as a kid and now finally able to afford his auto's. Getting older does have its pro's.

Perhaps, but I'll always be a kid at heart. I hope things pick up for you Bad.

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
LaneyB said:
badmajama said:
badmajama said:
LaneyB said:
My baseball fans...

Bruce

Perhaps, but I'll always be a kid at heart. I hope things pick up for you Bad.

Thanks Bruce! I still act my shoe size..... 12. :D I hope things pick up, too. Its no fun watching your investments deflate.

Members online